For crying out loud IB ... please release TWS 876

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by kiwi_trader, Sep 9, 2007.

1. LOL Wanker.

No, usually I attack them for stupid complaints (like your stupid post). IMHO (lol) my complaint is not stupid.

#31     Sep 11, 2007
  2. dst

dst Interactive Brokers

I believe this issue is already resolved in upcoming 872.3, sorry for the inconvenience.

#32     Sep 11, 2007
  3. Yeah, but why has the WORKSTATION version been lagging the BROWSER-BASED version lately ?
    That's kind of crazy given most traders are using the more reliable workstation version.

#33     Sep 11, 2007
  4. rayl

rayl

Super!

#34     Sep 11, 2007
  5. pcvix

pcvix

Assume dst meant 877.3.

IB should do its customers a small favor and give top priority to the testing/releasing of 877.3.

kiwi deserves better...

#35     Sep 11, 2007
  6. rayl

rayl

Hmm.

I don't know if people want me to give the full details, but it is relatively easy to convert network-launched java code to be loaded locally from the file system. I don't know that loading locally from filesystem vs loading from network is such a big improvement except that you can preserve the exact version you like, but if you're so inclined, it isn't hard.

In brief: If you're technically inclined, save the .jnlp file.... look at the jnlp codebase=... tag and the references to the jars within resources tag.

If I get semi-official sanction to go into more details, I will be glad to.

#36     Sep 11, 2007
  7. I have received a pm from ib explaining a couple of things and asking for a list plus references to my current issues. I shall probably reply in the thread because I don't think I will be doing IB a disservice by doing so and because others may be interested in my perception of the current state of TWS versions.

I will also mail it to my pm'er.

Currently trading tho so will wait till lunch.

Note: the current web version is 877.3

#37     Sep 11, 2007
  8. It still baffles me how people cannot get a reply from IB support directly but they always get results when they post their problems here.
    So I will ask the question here: What's with that IB? Why is that?

#38     Sep 11, 2007
  9. Right here, but I don't understand why I would be needed.

#39     Sep 12, 2007
  10. You definitely would have called yourself a wanker, had you been a third party. LOL. You demanded that IB "materialize" version 876, even though certain problems were pointed out to you by respected third parties, and despite the probability that IB removed this version because of said problems. Yep, definitely a wanker. LOL!

OldTrader

#40     Sep 12, 2007