For crying out loud IB ... please release TWS 876

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by kiwi_trader, Sep 9, 2007.

1. rayl

rayl

Strangely enough, I got crashing problems on order entry for the first time with 877.2. I never had a problem in 877.1. (And I clicked the send report button).

Actually upon further experimentation, it looks like if I manufacture a pink out (by pulling the network cable) and it reconnects, it crashes on the next attempt at order entry. Something along these lines. Hopefully the report that TWS sent will be more informative as I'm leaving for the day and won't be experimenting further!

#21     Sep 11, 2007
  2. dst

dst Interactive Brokers

rayl, thank you for submitting your error report. I've looked into it, and you are still using 877.1; please go to TWS help - about to confirm the version.

#22     Sep 11, 2007
  3. dst

dst Interactive Brokers

kiwi_trader, thank you for your report, it helped us localize the issue, as DAV mentioned before the new TWS don't have this problem anymore.

#23     Sep 11, 2007
  4. rayl

rayl

There should be 2 reports. One on 877.1 and one on 877.2 (bec it crashed twice).

Actually I just logged in with 877.2, did a ctrl-alt-R (easier than pulling the network cable) -- and am unable to enter orders. Namely clicking on the bid/ask does nothing, nor does right-click > trade > buy.

Though this time, it did not report a crash -- it's as if it's the 2nd time so it won't report the crash again. If you tell me how to reset it so it will regenerate the crash report, I'll be glad to do so.

And I was able to enter orders fine before the ctrl-alt-R.

#24     Sep 11, 2007
  5. I've got the TWS build 877 and it does not display the date on the trade window. It displays the time of executions, but it does not have the date. When I open the layout window, it does not have a date option to be checked. Any suggestions other than writing it in by hand every time?

:confused:

#25     Sep 11, 2007
  6. rayl

rayl

OK guys at IB! I regenerated a crash report circa 8:48PM EDT by restoring my c:\Jts directory from last night, starting 872.2, doing a pink-out/reconnect, and then clicking on the ask field.

If you go check your crash logs you should see it.

#26     Sep 11, 2007
  7. Where's JimRockford when you need him?

#27     Sep 11, 2007
  8. I did put 877.2 up but will drop back to 872.6 until this is resolved.

The most frustrating thing about IB is the problem of communication. I realised yesterday that I had stopped using the web support because I never got a half decent response out of them (basically the problems went away whether I called or not) and it was easier not to spend the time.

Instead I tried to use IB's own bulletin boards (because PM'ing def and sal really doesn't seem like the way I should be dealing with IB (and sal stopped responding anyway)). But NO ONE from IB answers the TWS section of the bulletin board.

I can tolerate software problems (i write the damned stuff so i understand) but I can't tolerate NO ANSWERs or pulling the only version that didn't have serious issues.

What is the point of having a bulletin board if no one answers?

You shouldn't have to have people like me posting on multiple boards to get your attention. It took a campaign across multiple bulletin boards to get bars that include all the price points but its a pain in the arse having to do that to get a response. My charting software provider hates you guys (that doesn't actually seem too strong) and I assume its because he has been getting the run around and can't be bothered.

Guys, it is not a good way to run a business. Disaffected customers are not a good sign for the future.

End of Sermon.

#28     Sep 11, 2007
  9. Probably because the 1 or 2 guys they have in support are too busy watching for complaints as they pop up on ET. ET IS IB support. If you have a problem with IB this has proved to be the place to get your issue resolved. I am an IB user myself. One thing I've learned is don't bother contacting them with a problem. Just post here.

#29     Sep 11, 2007
  10. chud

chud

Aren't you one of these guys who pops up on threads complaining about IB support telling the posters to shut up and find a broker that will hold their hand?

Shoe's on the other foot and you change your tune, eh?

#30     Sep 11, 2007