For crying out loud IB ... please release TWS 876

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by kiwi_trader, Sep 9, 2007.

1. gangof4

gangof4

wow. kiwi and i agree again- go figure. i had the exact same thing happen twice tonight with 877- completely unstable. hell, to go along with that, it still thinks i have a net long position in HSI (wrong- though, yet again, i had to call HK cust svs just to make sure), that i had a loss of 6800 HKD in the HSI (way wrong) and that i didn't trade the STW tonight (wrong). with IB i feel like i;'m a beta tester most of the time- the other times it's more like an alpha tester.

me thinks that eventually the big brokerage players will wake up to how profitable we traders are and have similar offerings at similar pricing. if that happens, IB will come to regret the approach they have taken to their customers and platform...

#11     Sep 10, 2007
  2. joesan

joesan

Maybe Ib can just release the stand-alone TWS v876, and leave the choice to the clients, just same as what they dealt with v873/4/5.

#12     Sep 10, 2007
  3. How about it IB? Document the bug that Hoi seems to have found and give us the choice.

#13     Sep 10, 2007
  4. pcvix

pcvix

#14     Sep 10, 2007
  5. Still the same broken 875 and completely stuffed 877.

Bring back 876!!!

#15     Sep 11, 2007
  6. Hoi

Hoi

Well, crashing orders sounds serious! Actually EVERY thing that makes Trading impossible, unsafe, unstable, and dangerously costly, should be considered as a show-stopper for the TWS-version to be released.
    In this context, a faulty chart (which seems your primarily problem with versions 873 till 875) is troublesome but no show-stopper.
    The 876, has in this context, has a proven and devastating bug (it blocks Cancelled Orders into the Pending-Cancel status, and very troublesome: does not report Execution-reports anymore. Especially troublesome with Friends&Family accounts). This problem is solved in 877.
    If 877 has introduced a new show-stopper, then we ALL are eager to know what and how. But until now you only told us that it did Crash (not even info about Ticker, order-type, situation). This is not enough information for me or anyone else to help you and all others to pinpoint to the cause.
    When a ButtonTrader-client experiences a problem, we take all their Logging-files (more than 10 Mb per day as it logs nearly anything, including all what is going in and out TWS), and drill down to the exact cause, even try to reproduce, and send a full documented problem report to IB-programming, which solves it as quickly as possible. So please go to your API-software provider, communicate, exchanges logs. He should try to reproduce, describe and report to IB-programming. That is the ONLY way to solve this case asap and has much better results then posting on forums.
    Some of our clients are using 877 already and when they experience the same “crash” you have had two times, I will investigate. I simply ask you to do the same. So we can solve this quickly and get our working 877 stand-alone which solves your Charting-problems, and is for most a stable Trading front-end

#16     Sep 11, 2007
  7. Hoi,

I don't want or need you to fix it.

The error reports were automatically sent to IB so I (hope) expect that they will do something with them.

I have seen your error now that you describe it ... it isn't devastating because nothing goes wrong with the order (just the reporting of it). My approach to those was to note their existence and then ignore them because they had no (real) impact. You'll enjoy the 877.1 error.

I'm back to 872.6 and simply pissed off with IB's TWS goons and their complete lack of responsiveness on their own board.

#17     Sep 11, 2007
  8. Hoi

Hoi

Yep, the Pending-Cancels can be ignored in TWS screen, but there is a very real impact. Because of a side-effect, which blocks and/or delays, the transmission of the Execution-report belonging to that Pending-cancel. If you are using a Single-account TWS, then the execution report is somewhat delayed...but in FA-account-versions they are completely blocked.

About automatically-sent-error-reports?..this is a new feature of TWS, and I'm not sure if infrastructure at IB already works seamlessly. So best to communicate with your API-software provider and let him analyze and be the first-line problem-solver.

#18     Sep 11, 2007
  9. joesan

joesan

I wonder why IB keeps releasing new version while some old versions can get the job done perfectly.

#19     Sep 11, 2007
  10. DAV

DAV ET Sponsor

TWS broswer version 877.2 is now available. All known crashing problems in previous 877 are fixed.

#20     Sep 11, 2007