For anyone that defends Cramer.....

Discussion in 'Trading' started by athlonmank8, Sep 6, 2008.

1. I think he's a douche compared to Lou Rukeyser.

It's amazing what they put on TV just because they think people will watch it.

I also think he's very disrespectful to traders and trading with his show.

It's like a bullshit media circus act.

P.S. Yep, I hat'em.

#11     Sep 6, 2008
  2. hughb

hughb

Your premise is mistaken. I do not follow his advice or even like his market technique at all. I like him because he is a fireball of enthusiasm for the market, just like I am. He's also a real life rags to riches story, and I like that too.

#12     Sep 6, 2008
  3. hughb

hughb

I agree, Benoit, that Louis Rukeyser had a much better television show. It really was the fastest thirty minutes on TV.

#13     Sep 6, 2008
  4. dsq

dsq

Yeah,lk was a serious show on investing and educational.No histrionics and great pguests.
    Dont know why they cant make something of a similar style today.

#14     Sep 7, 2008
  5. GSH1976

GSH1976

Who gives a damn about the size of his bank account. If he is such a great trader why did he leave the fund? From everything I have read his performance claims have never been verified. In 1999 - 2000 his calls were horrendous. He was touting tech all the way down but in true Cramer form claimed to have called the bursting of the bubble and somehow made a fortune shorting tech.

That is no different than what he is doing now. On July 15th he said to sell homebuilders and financials but now claims he called the July 15th bottom and he now loves those same stocks after many are 50% higher. People that followed him got smoked.

He can say whatever he wants and is never held accountable.

#15     Sep 7, 2008
  6. Is he affective at making his viewers money consistently and above what could be made by buying an index? Nope. Definitely not when you consider that people will be buying and selling his picks at the wrong times even if he emphasizes trading strategies, risk management, etc. Consider taxes and time value also.

It is a free country. People should be free to follow a pied piper off a cliff. How could anyone see themselves as acting responsibly by blindly trading his picks anyways? Those that do deserve to lose money.

He draws the most animus of the CNBC crew. No one ever complains much when Kudlow makes a bad call or the Fast Money crew hype a stinker. Does anyone even track Kudlow's bad calls?

Oh, and his fund results. Who's to say that his returns had anything to do with his stock picking/trading (in)ability? I don't think his great strengths as a fund manager had anything to do with picking stocks or trading in a manner that the average person could.

#16     Sep 7, 2008
  7. He was a 'gamer'. he gamed the system. All he knew he learned from the bad guys. He has a tremendous body of knowlege, but so did the KGB. It's how you use it.

We are in a period of tremendous turbulance and risk, and financial calamaty is not far off. Cramer is like the little boy who sets fire to the barn, then yells, 'Daddy, Daddy, fire!!!!!'

I would suggest if you want to lowdown on the lowlife, go to "Deepcapture.com" and search. Cramer was incensed when he saw it. He wanted to hold out an olive branch, but could not, when he saw the piece.

BTW, deep capture is getting 2 to 3 thousand hits a day. That is pretty good, but I understand the pedigree of the viewers is top notch. It's the law, the lobbyists, and the bad guys. I would suggest you raise your antenna. Some interesting stuff is going down.

#17     Sep 7, 2008
  8. I do. It's the score we use to measure success in the business world. Cramer, by all means, went from a zero to a multi-millionaire (without going to jail). Beat that.

#18     Sep 7, 2008
  9. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

could'nt of said that better myself. i've said many times,cramer makes trading/investing out to be a game for everyone to play.i blame nbc for that. bloomberg is so much more professional than cnbc. cnbc is to the financial world as WWE is to the sports world.

#19     Sep 7, 2008
  10. CNBC is in the entertainment business. Not financial, not business, but entertainment. Cramer is a showman who's trying to bring in advertisers, not make investors money. Take it for what it is. I turn it off every morning promptly at 9:30 opening bell.

#20     Sep 7, 2008