For all the republicans who were certain Obama would lose

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Nov 4, 2008.

1. ....

My condolences, and I hope you bet everything you had on McCain at Intrade.

2. ++++++++++++++++11111111111

3. I wish there was margin for intrade...

4. :)

5. Yep.... it sure was a close race!

6. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

This was the first time I ever placed a bet on Intrade so I kept it small, and I don't know if I ever will place another one again. The fact that Obama was going to win though was so obvious that only a truly blind man could not have seen it coming. I did not vote for Obama, but I did place a small bet on Intrade and so I can always say that Obama made me $460.

Brandon

7. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Why do you have to wish bad things on people? This was a hard fought election and there are going to be bad feelings. Obama was absolutly correct when he said we need to come together as one America. I hope that both Republicans AND Democrats will take this request seriously, it's very important. You don't bring America together with name calling and wishing bad things on people though do you?

8. I don't wish bad things on people. There were some ET republicans who were so supremely smug about this election, so sure that Obama would lose, I have no problem hoping they backed up their smack with cash.

It is a bit like the yahoo style stock boards, you know? Where people talk shit about what is going to happen in the markets, who are smug as hell when they happen to be right, but disappear and refuse to talk about the times they are wrong.

I don't need to name names, they know who they are...

If those people backed up their grandiose confidence of their candidate winning by betting all their money on McCain to win, now they too can come together with the rest of Americans and join the ranks of those who will need the help of the government to get back on their feet...

9. I personally don't wish anything bad on those who voted for McCain. In fact, if you get your head out of these threads for a second, what has happened is an incredible story for the U.S. and shows that the kind of racist filth that shouts the loudest on here are inbred morons who wallow in the shallow end of the gene pool.

I do join the chorus who tell the fucking morons on here who started screaming 'Communist!!' Nigger' 'Terrorist' 'AntiChrist' that they proved they're worthless pieces of shit. The stupidity of some of the charges levelled against Obama on here is a part of the permanent record.

There were and are concerns regarding Obama. Time will tell if he turns out to buy into the moral equivalence arguments (Terrorist suicide bombers and IDF forces who assassinate Hamas leaders are both equally at fault, for example).

It was unreal to see him standing up there, a black man as President of the United States. That is a game changer no matter how you try to spin it or how much hatred you have for non-whites.

10. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I don't disagree with anything you said. I hope that he becomes the best President we ever had, if he does he can do a lot to help a lot of people and make America an even greater country. I think the acceptance speech he gave was wonderful, that it likely inspired people and hopefully it starts to heal the wounds that people will have after such a long and bitter campaign. There are some people who will never be convinced, and a lot of them are not even worth convincing. I hope that those of us who had legitimate concerns about Obama will support him, but at the same time watch him very closely and partake in the government.

#10     Nov 5, 2008