For all the moral equivalence-hampered moonbats

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hapaboy, Oct 2, 2007.

1. the administration knew that it would come to this the entire time. there are multiple videos of cheney warning against invading and deposing saddam, for that very reason

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT7Ik_X1HU0

this moral judgement makes no sense given the administration's full knowledge of the consequences of their actions. your administration initiated this war expecting this outcome

#21     Oct 3, 2007
  2. #22     Oct 3, 2007
  3. Yes they did and yes it has come to this. This is not the point though. The question Hapa was responding to was what to do now. Personally I think we should bring our troops home and let the Shia and Sunnis duke it out. Whether they keep killing each other for generations to come or find another dictator like Saddam who'll be able to crush the opposition and rule the country with an iron fist - I could not care less. Hapa seems to be more sympathetic though and does not want to abandon "poor" Iraqis. I am afraid it will only delay the inevitable.

#23     Oct 3, 2007
  4. i see your point. it seemed to me like he was trying more to establish some kind of moral superiority/inferiority relationship between left and right moreso than any genuine comment or concern on the issue, which is almost always his lame agenda.... and in this case there definitely is no moral highground since the administration expected an outcome like this

#24     Oct 3, 2007
  5. Doesn't the "moonbat" reference just keep getting funnier with each and every use? No doubt, it will sound even more clever the next time. Such wit.

#25     Oct 3, 2007
  6. reg

reg

Same with the "neocon" and "klannish" references. Such wit as well.

#26     Oct 3, 2007
  7. Actually, the conservative counterpart reference is "wingnut."

http://www.answers.com/moonbat

However, how many times have you seen me refer to it? Both references are stupid and divisive, and give you some insight into the people who use them.

P.S. "Neocon" is actually descriptive rather than derogatory. It means nothing other than neoconservative. The other references are derogatory in and of themselves. But surely you see that.

#27     Oct 3, 2007
  8. reg

reg

Thanks for the lesson. :confused:
    My point was how people on the far left - MOONBATS, for lack of a better description - use this term. Anyone that is not in agreement with their point of view is a "neocon". Of course, the resident troll goes one step further and classifies these people as "klannish."
    So "neocon" = "klannish" = "Bushlover" = "sheeple" = "repugniklans", etc.

#28     Oct 3, 2007
  9. If you are fashioning yourself after that resident troll, then I suggest you aim higher. However, if the term "neocon" offends you, then you may wish to explore what you find so offensive about it: the name, or the people and conduct it represents. The name itself harmlessly and accurately identifies the far right. Is it perhaps the far right that you find offensive? I'm just trying to get to the root of your aversion to the accurately descriptive term.

#29     Oct 3, 2007
  10. The FAR right?

I hardly think so. A simple search will clear this up for you.

#30     Oct 3, 2007