Football As Religion

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Pabst, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Ha Ha! Guess I would wanna feel like that if I was a Longhorns fan too! Last year was good we added to our MOST 10 WIN SEASON IN NCAA DIV 1 RECORD. We also added to our MOST BOWL VICTORIES RECORD. We are back to a full roster for the first time in 5 years. My guess is we will add National Championship 13 & 14 this decade w the son of the winningest coach in NFL history leading us. Yes that is Don Shula you see wearing Crimson and White on gamedays! O and by the way that was our guy that just set the NFL Touchdown record last year. Anyway, I like your coach he's a pretty good guy. Actually he is from near here. Here's to a good season! Don't forget to keep Vince's trophy polished up it may be awhile before you get another one!

Hurricanes come and go, but the Tide rolls forever!

[​IMG]

#11     Aug 2, 2006
  2. Nothing like som girl-on-girl action, Pabst ...

#12     Aug 2, 2006
  3. Consensual frottage.

It rules.

#13     Aug 2, 2006
  4. Pabst,

You make many good points. Could the key to world peace be introducing real football to the middle east? Soccer is a frustrating, pointless game, couple of hours of running around with no outcome, then some corrupt ref decides the game. Kind of like politics in the Arab world. Plus all the ridiculous writhing on the ground trying to get a foul called. No wonder those unfortunate countries that are forced to watch this crap are obssessed with victimization.

Put down that suicide belt, put on the pads and play a man's game.

#14     Aug 3, 2006
  5. stu

stu

Unfortunately bottom line, when push comes to shove (ha) football really is a game for pussies. By far better than soccer agreed, but haven't you seen that Rugby league and Rugby Union they play in england / australia etc. Now that is a mans game, it makes football look like a control freak from the health and safety commission has just visited. Pads and crash hats in a mans game!? I don't think so. Personally I would say those lady footballers certainly have far more appeal.

#15     Aug 3, 2006