Fools thinking Ahmadinejad didn't threaten to destroy Israel

Discussion in 'Politics' started by dddooo, Dec 14, 2007.

1. LT701

LT701

i've heard it traslated as 'the regime will vanish from the pages of time' much as the soviet union did. last i checked, russians are still alive

but i have to admit, someone who calls anyone they dissagree with 'borat' wouldnt have an axe to grind, so i'll take another look

just curious, dddooo, what religion are you? (i'm Catholic)

#11     Dec 14, 2007
  2. i've heard it traslated as 'the regime will vanish from the pages of time'
    Indeed that was a literal translation of what he said but idioms are not translated literally. The Farsi idiom "vanishing from the pages of time" has exactly the same meaning as the english idiom "wiping a country off the map". But don't take my word for it, as I said before this is the way Al-Jazeera, IRIB (official Iranian news network) and now the farsi-speaking Iranian opposition leader understand the meaning of his words.
    http://www.iribnews.ir/Full_en.asp?news_id=200247

but i have to admit, someone who calls anyone they dissagree with 'borat' wouldnt have an axe to grind, so i'll take another look
    Well the dude believes that people who disagree with him are either AIPAC (in other words Jews) or from Uzbekistan. If this does not sound like Borat, I don't know what does.

just curious, dddooo, what religion are you? (i'm Catholic)
    I am not religious.

#12     Dec 14, 2007

3. You are the only person I accused of working for the AIPAC. I disagree with a lot of people. It was a wild guess. I wouldn't take an even money bet that you were. I might take 100-1 odds small.

#13     Dec 14, 2007
  4. You are the only person I accused of working for the AIPAC.
    It's not an accusation, AIPAC is a legitimate american organization, working for it is not a crime to be accused of.

It was a wild guess. I wouldn't take an even money bet that you were. I might take 100-1 odds small.
    Oh I see, so you don't really think I work for AIPAC but you said I did in about 50 threads. What do you think it says about you, your honesty and integrity?

#14     Dec 14, 2007
  5. LT701

LT701

so.......basclly you start the thread saying that those who say he didnt say that he was going to 'wipe israel off the map'were wrong, i challange you that he said 'vanish from the pages of time', you conceed that's what he said, but insist that he really meant 'wipe israel off the map'

riiiiiiiiiiiight

#15     Dec 14, 2007
  6. A sharp person would see my accusations of you working for the AIPAC as smart ass comments. A humorous attempt to articulate my analysis of your posts.

http://www.stopaipac.org/

#16     Dec 14, 2007
  7. Take that to the Iranian opposition, Al-Jazeera and IRNA. They all say he wants to wipe Israel off the map and he does not dispute their claims. What specific Farsi words he uses to convey this message is not important, the entire world community including the people of Iran knows exactly what he has in mind.

Did you even bother to open the link I provided? What he says is absolutely clear and unambiguous.
    http://www.iribnews.ir/Full_en.asp?news_id=200247

#17     Dec 14, 2007
  8. So would a smart person see my calling you Borat. A humorous attempt to articulate my analysis of your posts. What's good for the goose...

#18     Dec 14, 2007
  9. LT701

LT701

bottom line is, you're a nutjob who wants our country bogged down in endless mideast wars for israel

any piece of USA the size of israel that got that much of our tax money would have streets paved in pure gold

i'm sick and tired of that religious state taking over priorities of our foreign policy because they never attempt to get along with their neighbors

Israel should receive the exact same amount from our government that the Vatican gets -> Zero!!!

#19     Dec 14, 2007
  10. Actually I've never supported the war in Iraq and I've never advocated an attack on Iran. The only point I've been trying to make is that people who believe that Ahmadinejad does not threaten Israel and does not deny the Holocaust are idiots.

Your lame attempt to sidetrack this thread is noted.

#20     Dec 14, 2007