Food stamps

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Vinny1, Apr 2, 2009.

1. why are we talking about food stamps in a trading forum

Aren't ww e supposed to talk about yachting, banging models and sports cars?

What kind of trader are you?

:mad:

#31     Apr 5, 2009
  2. gold@42

gold@42

Get a JOB if you have $112 for food!! I'm sick of paying for people to live

#32     Apr 15, 2009
  3. JOEY O

JOEY O

im a student on the stamps - and i actually recieve $180 a month - its not hard to live on $180 for food, i eat mostly cheap steaks, pasta, and eggs

#33     Apr 15, 2009
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

You got a link to any of that valuable information? I can't remember the last time I saw any.

:)

#34     Apr 15, 2009
  5. gnome

gnome

Good one! :D

#35     Apr 15, 2009
  6. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

They get a lot of aid on other things though. I have a cousin who was on Welfare and I dont know how much her monthly check was, but I know she got a few hundred per month in food stamps. She had a 2 bedroom HUD apartment that she only paid $140 a month for (the neigbhors paid about $700), she got her ultilities for something like $20 a month, free child care when she needed it, they paid her way through college and for all books and for tutors when she needed them etc. She also had the best fucking insurance plan I've ever seen in my life ($1 for anything!, no matter what it was, everything covered, nothing for scripts for the kids, $1 for the adults).

We also had a period when I was 8 or 9 that my family was on welfare for about 9 months and I honestly dont remember it as being any worse then not being on it. In fact I'd have had no idea of the fact that we where on it except that later my mom told me. Of course I was just a kid and didnt have to balance the checkbooks and whatnot...

So even though it might seem like OMG they only get $500 or so dollars per month, which is I think about the average, that $500 goes a long way when most everything that you have to spend money on is basically being given to you.

Brandon

#36     Apr 15, 2009
  7. There was a thread in economics on Ramen noodles:D

#37     Apr 15, 2009
  8. Mnphats

Mnphats

When I was younger I was a stock boy at a local grocery store, sadly enough this is very true.

#38     Apr 15, 2009
  9. Mnphats thanks for backing me up on that.

#39     Apr 15, 2009
  10. Mnphats

Mnphats

I am not sure if I would have believed it had I not seen it with my own eyes.

#40     Apr 15, 2009