Food Shortages?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Daxtrader, Aug 13, 2021.

1. VicBee

VicBee

Please explain, I don't know what that means.

#11     Aug 13, 2021
  2. Snarkhund

Snarkhund

Here I'll help.

It means the Fed is creating money all out of proportion to any reasonable historical measure. It means the Fed stopped regulating the overheating tangible asset markets keeping the accelerator pedal held to the floor completely abrogating its duty to keep control of housing and other markets by modulating interest rates.

#12     Aug 14, 2021
  3. zdreg

zdreg

The average American doesn't care as long as interest rates are low and inflation is "relatively benign." ( The avg. American doesn't know what the S&P is)

#13     Aug 14, 2021
  4. VicBee

VicBee

I think you're giving the Feds far more responsibilities and power than they have.

#14     Aug 14, 2021
  5. There might be a food shortage because of coronavirus. World economics handled this diseases, nevertheless it worked in full as I think. It was almost expired, however as we can see economics handled coronavirus. In my opinion, food shortages are normal in such condition, because all the resources of modern economy were directed to the economic restraint. We had to do everything in order to save the stability of our economies, because it's the most important part after the safety of our lives. I believe that such situations happen from time to time, and there is nothing scary in food shortages actually.

#15     Sep 15, 2021
  6. zdreg

zdreg

People in the US and the UK would become less obese. I don't believe it. There likely will be an oversupply of junk food.

#16     Sep 15, 2021
  7. %%
    So far so good/plenty of food.....................................................................................

#17     Sep 16, 2021
  8. zdreg

zdreg

There is plenty of food. However, variety is less than it use to be.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
    #18     Sep 16, 2021
    murray t turtle likes this.
  9. cesfx

cesfx

There is a shortage in supply chain, at least in Europe, where they are seriously struggling to employ HGV and delivery drivers. UK feeling it the most, with the help of stupid brexit.
    In London some specific items can be seen missing from some specific shops.
    Like bottled mineral water in my personal experience.
    Some suppliers are gone, some other increased their minimum order and reduced their delivery schedule. It's not 100% brexit fault, as some of the effect in my opinion are generational. Prices are going up fast, I have seen a 10%-15% increase already in some food product.
    Basic products are there, some fresh fruit (like apples now) will rot on trees because of shortage of fruit pickers.
    Young people are not keen in doing those heavy and underpaid jobs, like delivering, serving, farming or stucking shelves.
    I can't blame them.

#19     Sep 16, 2021
    murray t turtle likes this.
  10. %%
    WE have plenty of bottled water+ like most places in USa , really dont need it, its a luxury.
    Some of the smarter apple , strawberry or corn farmers; allow ''pick your own''
    That will not work for soybeans or wheat LOL . IN most cases its fresher, cheaper + more tasty than store bought..........................................................................

#20     Sep 16, 2021
    cesfx likes this.