FOOD INC. What Government and Monopolies are doing to our Food???

Discussion in 'Economics' started by jueco2005, Jun 23, 2009.

1. You're a proven moron if you believe that. Obviously your taste buds have lost the ability to recognize dead artificial food from real food.

#51     Jun 24, 2009
  2. ElCubano

ElCubano

very good info. Thats why you feel great from eating organic food after only a few weeks. Your digestive system is where good health starts.

#52     Jun 24, 2009
  3. Correct. As we lldefined on page 4 of this doc:

http://skullduggery.com/Lessons/0960-3.pdf

Humans are omnivores, and have the most diverse diet of any animal.

#53     Jun 24, 2009
  4. GOOD. I guess that is what most doctors say.

#54     Jun 24, 2009
  5. Depends on the company. There are enough loopholes in the USDA organic rules for the big argi/meat/dairy producers to pass off their shit products as organic with a few little changes.

I would advise local family farms that follow the natural ways. They may not necessarily quality for organic as it is expensive & full of bureaucracy. You can usually tell from the taste & appearance of the products.
    Your own small gardens from heirloom seeds will produce true quality vegetables which have superb taste.

#55     Jun 24, 2009
  6. d08

d08

Evolution is not a view, evolution has been shown to be true but other views (yes, views) have been not. You can believe in Harry Potter or Jesus Christ (bible), doesn't matter since both are made up stories. The problem arises when you try to preach your story as truth and teach it in schools. Before you question the truth (evolution) watch some Richard Dawkins videos.

#56     Jun 24, 2009
  7. Evolution is truth? I have studied evolution a lot and you are way overconfident for someone who probably understands it a lot less than I do. But thanks for elevating it beyond a theory. Science keeps trumpeting itself as truth.

If so, then explain quantum entanglement, where 2 entangled items keep that relationship over a distance? Science has no clue.

How come science was blind to 95% plus of the known universe, just as recently as the late 1970s (dark energy, dark matter were unknown to them, just baryonic matter was known)?

How come science has convinced itself we live in an 11 dimension cosmos, when they have no visible evidence and probably never will?

Why does science need to resort to a multiverse (up to an infinite number of simultaneous universes), when they have only seen this one and will probably never see another?

How come science has not fixed the energy crisis, global warming, fusion energy, extended our maximum life span, conquered cancer (about the same rates as decades ago), solved starvation (over a billion estimated are hungry), the lack of clean readily available water, recreated major extinct animals like the marsupial tiger or mammoth or even put 1 person on the nearest planet? Has science conquered emotion, what happens after life or a host of other philosophical questions?

The problem is, that science keeps having to fix its holes, because they have barely scratched the surface.

I have 2 science degrees (bio, computer sci), but science is not exactly a done deal to hang philosophy on.

there is biblical evidence, but the skeptics cannot get beyond their own inability to think outside their own very very limited box. Anything presented is dismissed without serious comtemplation (I have tried), and anything science readily accepted, when most of its believers know little about serious science themselves.

And FWIW, I am a theistic evolutionist.

#57     Jun 24, 2009
  8. jprad

jprad

What's missing in the theory of evolution that it requires a supernatural being to make it complete?

#58     Jun 24, 2009
  9. seeing you stepped around the meat of the argument...

there is no more or less evidence for the existence of God than for God to not exist

People who say "there is no God have zero "proof" and expect that offering their own minuscule belief is somehow more cerebral than the minuscule who say "there is a God."

Something like 40-60% of Americans are theistic evolutionists. They believe in God and they believe in evolution. The number who disbelieve in God and believe in evolution is much smaller. So it is hardly a minority opinion to be a theistic evolutionist.

The only evidence most atheists offer for no God is to try and taint theists. But the evidence from theists is rarely more convincing.

#59     Jun 25, 2009
  10. because science has not yet found all of the answers that makes a supernatural tale concieved by stone age men somehow true?

#60     Jun 25, 2009