FOOD INC. What Government and Monopolies are doing to our Food???

Discussion in 'Economics' started by jueco2005, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Thanks for clearing that up.

I said hog and cattle shit was fed to chickens, and the reverse is true.

Either way, it's nasty.

There's a reason why factory farm animals get weird diseases and sick at a high rate.

Mad Cow Disease was caused by feeding cattle spinal and brain tissue of other cows and animals in their feed.

#11     Jun 23, 2009
  2. ElCubano

ElCubano

growing population is part of the problem. If they were to grow everything organically we'd have to pay 10 fold of what we pay now. Organic food as it is is double right now and it has a slowly growing demand. Imagine everything having to be grown organically, where would the price of products shoot up to.

I know, I know. I buy greenwise and most of my stuff organic, but just imagine every cow having to go through grass grown cycle...as opposed to getting a calf to 1500 lbs in 3 weeks...:eek:

everything we eat has shit in it. Even the stuff that reads organic on the label is very often not truely organic. when one reads the label in a real organic product there might be 3 things in it.

the flouride in paste is bad, the chlorine in the water we bathe in is bad for us, suntan lotion is probably what is causing our skin cancer and not the sun ( ever think of that). The list is endless....but in the end what are ya gonna do....did you know the teflon on your non stick pan realses smoke that is cancer causing...get close to it and smell it while u are frying something next time..

#12     Jun 23, 2009
  3. ElCubano

ElCubano

human teeth were not develop to shred through meat, like for example a sharks teeth, or tigers, lions....our teeth were made to grind food not shred meat....perhaps less meat and more berries...:D

#13     Jun 23, 2009
  4. yes our teeth were made for meat. Our teeth are well-adapted as omnivores, our ancestors ate lot of meat (although modern humans' teeth have shrunk a lot since), and the human stomach is more similar to a wolf's than a monkey's (higher acid level)

#14     Jun 23, 2009
  5. ElCubano

ElCubano

not from what i've read. but you seem to be well versed kid, so I will take your word on it. thanks

http://www.rense.com/general20/meant.htm

http://www.alternet.org/story/14064...utm_medium=FeedBlitzRss&utm_campaign=alternet

#15     Jun 23, 2009
  6. another example of the lengths the religious types will go to try to discredit the fact that humans are primates and deny evolution because the bible tells them that man was created from dirt 6000 years ago.

#16     Jun 23, 2009
  7. ElCubano

ElCubano

:confused:

#17     Jun 23, 2009
  8. do i have to spell it out for you? traderzones is a religious nut that believes in special creation. he comes up with some nonsense about a human stomach being more like a wolf than a monkey because that fits his religious view on evolution.

#18     Jun 23, 2009
  9. ElCubano

ElCubano

I thought you meant me, since I also believe in a creator. That's a whole other forum though.

#19     Jun 23, 2009
  10. which one? zues, apollo, wizard of oz, Nun or the christian god? i kind of like this one:
    There are several creation stories in Egypt, attached to rival gods. The most common one begins with Nun, the primeval ocean, from which Amen rises in splendour. He takes the name Re, thus in effect merging two rival deities. By an act of masturbation (described as such in the temple texts) he produces a divine son and daughter. These two breed a race of gods, while the tears of Amen-Re become mankind - appropriately enough, for man's behaviour soon persuades the creator to withdraw from earthly affairs. He retires to the heavens, where he reigns as the sun.

http://www.historyworld.net/wrldhis/PlainTextHistories.asp?historyid=ab83#ixzz0JHD03USr&D

#20     Jun 23, 2009