Food for Thought and Life

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by schizo, Oct 22, 2019.

1. schizo

schizo

“A man’s life consists not in the abundance of the things he possesses, but in the consciousness of that which he has. Man possesses the whole world and all its wealth, yet is only able to enjoy what his consciousness permits him to discern."

—Raymond Holliwell

#71     Mar 17, 2020
  2. schizo

schizo

“Sow an act and you reap a habit. Sow a habit and you reap a character. Sow a character and you reap a destiny.”

―Charles Reade

#72     Mar 28, 2020
  3. schizo

schizo

• Never hate your enemy. Your strategy should not be guided by hatred. Hatred towards the enemy can cloud your judgement. In war, the greatest weapon is a calm and composed mind.
    • Frustration will only lead to self-destruction. Do not let go of the enemy, as that would be a cowardly act, but hitting back in frustration will not bring any results for your endeavour.
    • Plan your strategy in silence. Keep the enemy confused and wondering about what you are doing.
    • In war, there is something called right timing. Just wait for the right time to execute your plan.
    • Study the present situation and conditions of the environment.
    • Defeating your enemy should be your primary goal, not killing them. They are not the same thing. Killing the leader will make another person from his team take up the leadership position. Then you will have to kill him too. Then another person will be ready to fight with you. The story will continue.

―Chanakya

#73     Mar 30, 2020
  4. schizo

schizo

“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”

―Marilyn Monroe

#74     Mar 30, 2020
    vanzandt likes this.
  5. schizo

schizo

“Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.”

―Oscar Wilde

#75     Mar 30, 2020
    vanzandt likes this.
  6. John_09

John_09

Everyone should give a thought on this one. Really well said.

#76     Apr 7, 2020
    schizo likes this.
  7. Teryc20

Teryc20

That's a good list mate!

#77     Apr 16, 2020
    schizo likes this.
  8. schizo

schizo

“Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.”

―Anonymous

#78     Apr 18, 2020
  9. schizo

schizo

“There are no mistakes in life, only lessons.”

― Lynda Renham

#79     Apr 18, 2020
  10. schizo

schizo

“No problem can be solved from the same thinking that got you in the mess in the first place.”

—Albert Einstein

#80     Apr 18, 2020
    murray t turtle likes this.