Food for Thought and Life

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by schizo, Oct 22, 2019.

1. schizo

schizo

"Take care to get what you like,
    or you will be forced to like what you get."

—George Bernard Shaw

#41     Jan 25, 2020
  2. schizo

schizo

“The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
    my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge,
    my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.”

—Psalm 18:2 (NIV)

#42     Jan 25, 2020
    RainMaker3000 likes this.
  3. stu

stu

"May his days be few; may another take his place of leadership.
    May his children be fatherless and his wife a widow.
    May his children be wandering beggars; may they be driven from their ruined homes.
    May a creditor seize all he has; may strangers plunder the fruits of his labor.
    May no one extend kindness to him or take pity on his fatherless children."

—Psalm 109 (NIV)

#43     Jan 25, 2020
  4. schizo

schizo

“Change your conception of yourself and you will automatically change the world in which you live.”

—Neville Goddard

#44     Jan 26, 2020
  5. schizo

schizo

One should not judge the Bible by today's standard. In 3,000 years (King David was born approximately 3,000 years ago), most of what we are doing today would be seen as barbaric--even though it's considered normal in our mind.

#45     Jan 26, 2020
  6. stu

stu

Indeed. Seen normal by today's standard, but one might predict barbaric in 3,000 years time, how peeps out of superstition and fear did slavishly worship the immoral murderous and duplicitous mythical God of an ancient story book.

btw bit of a picky thing but historically, there was no King David anymore than there was a King Kong.

— Food for Thought and Life
    "Things that you're liable to read in the Bible; it ain't necessarily so"

#46     Jan 26, 2020
  7. schizo

schizo

Well, the way you write with such hostility makes me think you're no different from those who lived in King David's time.

I often wonder, with all the scientific advances we've made, why are there still so many assholes? Why can't science cure personality problems? Be humble, for crying out loud.

#47     Jan 26, 2020
  8. schizo

schizo

“A man sees in the world what he carries in his heart.”

—Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

#48     Jan 27, 2020
    ElCubano likes this.
  9. Creation is not a democracy, In order for someone to believe in anything, that thing(GOD) has to allow them to have the capacity to believe, the same way a fertile land will yield a harvest...

#49     Jan 27, 2020
    ElCubano and schizo like this.
  10. stu

stu

What hostility exactly? What I wrote isn't hostile in any way. It isn't me being hostile because you don't agree with what I wrote!
    If you were being in any way dispassionate, it would be the Bible you'd say was written "with such hostility".
    So it's very telling how you're quick to accuse me of hostility, but completely miss the totally obvious way Psalm 109 is written with such a blatent hostility.

Any reasonable human being who has read the Bible without the scales of irrational blind faith constantly covering their own eyes, could see how the God of the Bible is actually portrayed as a vengeful, violent and murderous God. But at the same time, one which loves us all.

That is duplicity. A duplicitous God. That is what I said and it's not hostile. It's Bible God as described by the Bible!

Personally I'd think considering the above, anyone taking up such a thing to be their rock, fortress deliverer, shield or whatever else as you have, could on the face of it be said to be extolling much more hostility in glorifying a mythical hostile being far more, than I didn't.

Now it's beginning to sound to me like you're just trying to feel angry.

The fact is there is no historical evidence for a Bible King David.
    Pretty much like everything claimed in the Bible, it doesn't stand up to even the most basic standard that would confirm even a semblance of historicity.

It's not a question of being humble, it's simply fact.

Oh, so I write with such hostility? While at the same time you write... "Why are there still so many assholes?" "Be humble, for crying out loud."

— Food for Thought and Life
    "Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye."
    Matthew 7:5

#50     Jan 27, 2020
    jl1575 likes this.