FOMC?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Aj2014, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Aj2014

Aj2014

Is this gonna give us a nice 200-300 point rally on the Dow today?
    Or will it just be a boring, non event (flat market, no impact)

I'm waiting for the next huge move up but looks like it'll need some 'help'

2. Pekelo

Pekelo

It will either drop right away or give a head fake upward and reverse in 2 hours...

3. I think we're due a big rally soon.

4. speedo

speedo

"...the market will fluctuate."
    J.P. Morgan

5. Argggh . . .

The only thing that matters is the trend and S/R whether it is horizontal or diagonal

Now form a concrete plan to trade it

6. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

My read:
    -- The FED has limited parachutes (in lowering rates and purchasing low-risk paper), and feels it deployed these things properly to address the financial crisis.
    -- Exiting the financial crisis is important not only for price stability ("fighting inflation" on the upside) but also to assuage downside ("too-tight capital") fears.
    -- The FED has started gathering/bundling the interest rate parachute(s).
    -- The FED has previously announced its intention to gather the QE 'paper-purchase' parachute, but with no date(s).

== Thusly:
    -- They keep an interest rate hike off the table -- prices (wholesale/retail) and wages don't uniformly support a higher rate. This is "The Economy"....
    -- "The Market" though (with a continuing collection of All-time Highs) supports the gathering/bundling-up of putting the Balance Sheet assets back into the financial markets.

== IF THE FED DOES announce not just an intention, but a recipe (including dates and target principle amounts), the market will plunk down -- 0.00% -- 0.50% by tomorrow close.
    == IF THEY DON'T, but simply mouth more platitudes to the 'necessity of freeing policy tools for foreseeable future policy actions,' the market pops 0.5% to 0.75% tonight.

Disclosure:
    I'm realllllly tight on top, and am sweating bullets.

vanzandt and speedo like this.
  7. What happen to all the doomsdayer.. everyone is hard on for Rally's now

8. I think people have finally woken up. It's taken them 10 years of relentless upside to realise , though :)

It only took me about 5 years before I realised how this market likes to move!! lol

cdcaveman likes this.
  9. Aj2014

Aj2014

LONG here

10. vanzandt

vanzandt

There ya go Tom.
    ....."Analysis Spock"?

#10     Sep 20, 2017