FOMC meeting today

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ptrjon, Aug 10, 2010.

1. ptrjon

ptrjon

Possible outcomes? Further stimulus?

2. LEAPup

LEAPup

Please, please, please, no more stimulus!

3. kashirin

kashirin

actually it's just major market players invented this theory that we need more stimulus and QE a month ago for a single reason - to prop up market up in expectation of new money

will Fed fold for those demands?

if so expect oil pass 100 in 2-3 months and then another inflation outbreak

there is no reason for stimulus

actually inflation is rampant

Wal-Mart prices on the rise: JP Morgan study

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/WalMart-prices-on-the-rise-JP-rb-3284643011.html

4. ptrjon

ptrjon

rapid inflation usually doesn't happen when the average american consumer is cash poor with little access to credit. When prices rise, quite simply, people don't buy it. However, the influx of cash will certainly raise prices, just probably not in the short term. However, there are big tensions here- which may just lead us to this magic word:

<b>STAGFLATION</b>

5. TGregg

TGregg

One thing we can say for sure. It's time to lube up and grab our ankles `cuz Uncle Sam is just getting started. . .

6. LEAPup

LEAPup

Oh no!!!!!!! The S word!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

I tend to agree stagflation is a strong possibility. We're going to repeat the 70's imo, but this time it's going to be much worse.:eek:

I'm an optimist, but a realist too...

7. Oh, come on you guys!!! This will be some "jawboning" exercise - some conjured up thing to move the markets up out of the negative position they are in before "the speech." Total BS.

I say it here now: Fu(k Jawboning - I hope the market sinks if Bernanke tries to jawbone the market up! Let the market move up or down on REAL news - today's productivity numbers were not good - the market should be down today!

-g

8. Thoughts like this will break you so fast. Never think you can outsmart the market. The market should do whatever it does and nothing else.

If the market moved based on one piece of economic data, we'd all be rich right now.

9. I don't disagree with you...that is why I wrote "should" - I am not completely crazy...yet :D

-g

10. The FOMC holds eight regularly scheduled meetings during the year and other meetings as needed. Links to policy statements and minutes are in the calendars below. The minutes of regularly scheduled meetings are released three weeks after the date of the policy decision.

#10     Aug 10, 2010