FOMC announcement at 12:30

Discussion in 'Trading' started by trade2live, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Bernanke& co are just a bunch of aholes, why do they need 3 announcements (the "announcement", the forecast, the conference) ? Me thinks they want to keep their option open to support and sweet talk the market after the "announcement".
    If they do QE which I doubt they will or some other measure, will they announce it at 12.30 or only during the press conference at 2:15 ?

2. Usually at 2:15

3. Brass

Brass

Why is that such a problem for you?

4. Bob111

Bob111

5. Is that why the S&P went crazy at 12:30 EST?

6. Are you f*cking serious?? Do you NOT check the econ calendar every morning before trading?

7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

8. Not usually.

I'm holding stuff longer term now anyway so I don't really care about daily craziness. Plus I can't predict price anyway so even if I know a big announcement is coming up I don't know if it's going to make price go up or down.

If I was trading intraday I would probably not trade around the time of big announcements.

But since I've been holding a long SPY position for over a month now, it's not really applicable.

9. I dont trade around big announcements either but I need to know when they are so I'm not in a position.