Follow the Smart Money / COT Analysis

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Dunstan, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Dunstan

Dunstan

:))) Point there ;)

#371     Dec 11, 2017
  2. Dunstan

Dunstan

Hi everyone,

The latest Commitments of Traders review is out.

Australian Dollar
    COT Change (52W) / C – 45%, LS – 59%, SS – 12% /
    Both of our major cot signals are showing positive signs for the market: we have had a major change in Traders positions and with it we have reached a considerable bullish stress level. I would say that the chances are high for further increase.

Coffee
    COT Extreme / C, LS – All Time COT extreme /
    The picture speaks for itself! Beautiful bullish extreme close to support levels.

30-Year Bond
    COT Extreme / LS – 679 report COT extreme /
    Interesting to see such a large bearish extreme when prices are not actually that high… I wouldn’t be betting large on further declines, but who knows. I would rather look for other opportunities that are more obvious (like coffee for example).

All the best,
    Dunstan

COT Charts

#372     Dec 27, 2017
  3. Dunstan

Dunstan

Hi everyone,

S&P-500
    COT Change (52W) / C – 26%, LS – 28%, SS – 15% /
    Not only do we have a bearish cot change signal in the market, but we have the extreme risen to pretty large levels again. The cot report is definitely backing the notion that we are in a bubble :)

Euro
    We have never seen Large Speculators being so bullish about Euro in the past, so we can assume that it is likely we will see an end to rally in Euro soon…

Heating Oil
    The picture is pretty clear here as well… (ohh I just love these all-time cot extreme signals…) We should start positioning ourselves for a more bearish market to come

All the best,
    Dunstan

COT Charts

#373     Jan 8, 2018
  4. Dunstan

Dunstan

Hi everyone,

S&P-500
    COT Change (52W) / C – 35%, LS – 53%, SS – 10% /
    One word: Crazy…

Euro
    As the market moved further up, the extreme has become even greater… The question is not IF it is going to burst, but WHEN?

Heating Oil
    COT Extreme / LS – All Time COT extreme /
    Not much changed from last week. Prices could not gain too much, but the extreme became larger.

All the best,
    Dunstan

COT Charts

#374     Jan 15, 2018
  5. Dunstan

Dunstan

Hi everyone,

Natural Gas
    COT Change (52W) / C – 28%, LS – 30%, SS – 12% /
    Due to the bearish cot change signal we could see a bit of a decline in the market, but the fact that the last cot extreme signal was bullish and effective, we should be prepared for further rallies in Natural Gas.

Crude Oil
    All Time bearish cot extreme, but (!) caution is advised as stated in the cot review -> these extremes can stay for a few weeks or even months before the market trend starts to shift.

British Pound
    COT Extreme / LS – 174 report COT extreme /
    Not an all time extreme, but significant enough to be careful. The cot report is signaling an end to the rally in GBP.

All the best,
    Dunstan

COT Charts

#375     Jan 23, 2018
    themickey likes this.
  6. Dunstan

Dunstan

Hi everyone,

Sorry for being out for so long, have been struggling with a virus... getting better:)

I just wanted to let you know that I have been monitoring this new service that COTbase has built, it is called Futures Trading Guides. Check out the results, really impressive! I have been testing it in my own trading and to tell you the truth, I am pretty satisfied with what I see! :)

You can see the system here:

All the best,
    Dunstan

#376     Feb 1, 2018
  7. Dunstan

Dunstan

Hi everyone,

Dow Jones-30
    COT Change (52W) / C – 57%, LS – 42%, SS – 34% /
    Huge bullish cot change signal, but we should not be surprised, since there has been a very large drop in prices. The signal suggests higher prices early this week.

Crude Oil
    COT Extreme / LS – All Time COT extreme /
    Last week’s decline may have confirmed the top we have been waiting for since we have had this all time cot extreme in the market.

Cocoa
    COT Extreme / C – 65, LS – 64 report COT extreme /
    Not much here… I’d say that the last major bullish cot extreme is still in place: I’m expecting higher prices to come.

You may want to check out the following cool video about FuturesTradingGuides.com, the service I have mentioned not long ago. They have enhanced their results page and you can now see the system’s performance on a longer time horizon!

All the best,
    Dunstan

COT Charts

#377     Feb 13, 2018
  8. Dunstan

Dunstan

Hi everyone,

Soybeans
    COT Change (52W) / C – 22%, LS – 21%, SS – 12% /
    The cot change signal is clearly bearish (maybe influencing the market early this week), but the extreme is not that obvious. Large Speculators were at these levels roughly a year ago, but other than that, the bullish cot extreme from 5 weeks ago is still acting. So my assumption is this: we may see a bit of a decline, but it should not be long lived and thus we could easily see the continuation of the rally.

Soybean Meal
    Unquestionable bearish cot extreme --> be prepared for lower prices to come.

Dow Jones-30
    COT Extreme / C, LS – 91 report COT extreme /
    Interesting to get to a bullish extreme so fast (under a month), but looking at the price action, our surprise should be washed away:)

All the best,
    Dunstan

COT Charts
    Futures Trading

#378     Feb 26, 2018
  9. Dunstan

Dunstan

Hi everyone,

Soybeans
    COT Change (52W) / C – 22%, LS – 21%, SS – 12% /
    The cot change signal is clearly bearish (maybe influencing the market early this week), but the extreme is not that obvious. Large Speculators were at these levels roughly a year ago, but other than that, the bullish cot extreme from 5 weeks ago is still acting. So my assumption is this: we may see a bit of a decline, but it should not be long lived and thus we could easily see the continuation of the rally.

Soybean Meal
    Unquestionable bearish cot extreme --> be prepared for lower prices to come.

Dow Jones-30
    COT Extreme / C, LS – 91 report COT extreme /
    Interesting to get to a bullish extreme so fast (under a month), but looking at the price action, our surprise should be washed away:)

All the best,
    Dunstan

COT Charts
    Futures Trading

#379     Feb 26, 2018
  10. Dunstan

Dunstan

Hi everyone,

Soybeans
    COT Change (52W) / C – 22%, LS – 19%, SS – 5% /
    COT Extreme / C - 53, LS – 52 report COT extreme /
    The rally continued, the extreme became larger, but it is questionable whether or not it is large enough to make any changes to the rally. The cot change signal suggest a pullback in this rally.

Soybean Meal
    The extreme became even greater… Eyes on this market ;)

Silver
    COT Extreme / C - 133, LS – 778 report COT extreme /
    Huge bullish cot extreme in Silver suggesting higher prices to come!

All the best,
    Dunstan

COT Charts
    Futures Trading

#380     Mar 5, 2018