FOK order

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by seadog, Oct 17, 2009.

1. seadog

seadog

My system is based on a specific price, specific number of contracts, and chart patterns.Developed over 5-6 years, thanks for the idea though.
    As I ramp up the contracts, trying to fine tune things.

#11     Oct 18, 2009
  2. When you have any doubt about order types, I'd personally go straight to the exchange as they have different rules.

http://www.cmegroup.com/globex/files/GlobexRefGd.pdf

FOK orders on p.14. Yes you can do it. They have a good alternative if you can figure it out -- set the minimum quantity to the order quantity -- I don't know how to do this but maybe your broker would. Also the Globex Control Center (or whatever it's called) is very good; you can call them.

I've used Fill-or-Kill orders many times but differently: pit broker at NYMEX wouldn't get the job done (esp common in the options ring if placing orders within the bid/ask spread), so I'd ask for Fill or Kill (or even just ask to pull the order) and *like magic* you're filled. So Fill or Kill can get the floor brokers to hustle a little. Obviously not relevant to Globex...

Oh, on Globex, a little off topic but if you ever need to bust a trade you have EIGHT MINUTES to call the Globex Control Center. This can be extremely important so you should have the number on hand imo. 312.456.2391.

#12     Oct 21, 2009
  3. 1) From the perspective of the futures exchanges, All-or-None orders are "uncompetitive" and "detrimental" to the customer.
    2) From the perspective of the stock exchanges, they'll accept All-or-None orders because they're quite content to screw their customers. :cool:

#13     Oct 21, 2009