Focusing on Just One Market

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Malinois, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Cheese

Cheese

Adding to my brief prescription, draw up a 'big picture' plan to outline the specific parts of your mission. Use it as your motivation to drive towards attainment of each goal, in turn, in that plan.
    :)

#31     Aug 27, 2006
  2. Personally, I design trading systems and to limit myself to just one market would be terrible. I like the diversification that comes with multiple systems trading multiple markets.

If I were manually day trading, I would have no idea how to keep track of many systems.

#32     Aug 27, 2006
  3. Hey, ES. Sorry to hear about the minivan.
    Bill

#33     Aug 27, 2006
  4. nkhoi

nkhoi

you got it, just put YM side by side with ES and you can tell they are in sync all the time, thus you can stare at YM and know that ES is doing the same move.

#34     Aug 27, 2006
  5. Yeah...the exhaust is leaking into the cooling system, I need a new engine...but it runs for a while before overheating...I bought that Van 8 years ago for 2k.

I am going to need to remove some money from the retirement account and buy a Jeep Cherokee.

On top of that I lost 8k in trading last month...At 47 years old 16K less around 8k for the Jeep, is not a retirement account... it is an ice cream allowance.

Thank goodness I have a Job and do not have any loans besides the mortgage.

Michael B.

#35     Aug 27, 2006
  6. its very simple

here are your market potentials

1) ES - large size liquidity , low voliatlity in tick size movement
    moves like 40 ticks a day max

2) ER2 - small size liquidity , high voliatility in tick size movement, can move like 150 ticks a day easy

3) YM - big numbers, correlates the dow, small size liquidity, medium volatility in tick size movements.

for the index markets.
    depend on what you want, choose and pick

#36     Aug 27, 2006
  7. just really too much info..........eyes see brain soaks it up.......mechanical system makes problems disappear...i don't allow thinking to be a factor......only see the ball in strike zone, swing.....school of fish change direction be at the front of school....

#37     Aug 27, 2006