Focusing on Just One Market

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Malinois, Aug 27, 2006.

1. I like to focus on 3 or 4 simply cause if one is going nowhere, I won't be tempted to force trades in it.

ES and ER2 are my bread and butter. Almost counts as one market due to correlation.

I will often trade gold or mini crude as well, but most days I do not.

I used to be a forex trader (well before the retail crowd jumped in with large numbers). It (although really several markets in itself) has become so choppy that I can't day trade it anymore. FX has joined interest rates on my position list.

I use 4 monitors BTW. Absolutely no back and forth crap.

Jay

#11     Aug 27, 2006
  2. If you follow two correlated markets try to take note which of two is stronger and take long trades in the stronger market, short weaker one. At times one market will be leading and you can use it to your advantage. For different markets you will need more charts opened at the same time or just get charting software which can alert you about a setup.

#12     Aug 27, 2006
  3. another great full of bs comment from the guy makin' 20es points a day. 1instrument is good if u are of the caliber of the bund flipper rotten otherwise it is just limiting your possibilities; tradin' es is for those that have mastered it and trade substantial size not for retail pickers, your suggestion to trade emini as it is the best shit around is misguided and utterly idiotic. nevermind u are reccomendin' to start tradin' this shit in the first place that is leveraged and can kill u in matter of days. and what u do if things dont go well, do u keep on goin' 'till your acct implodes? and ya focus has got nothin' to do with sortin' many different tickers, if u cant handle that u cant handle shit.

#13     Aug 27, 2006
  4. Malinois

Malinois

Yeah, I'd have to agree with you there. It's a difficult choice, that's why I started the thread. Pros and Cons to both.

For me as I mentioned, I'm not a really good multi'tasker, and because I trade volatile mkts, it demands a huge amount of focus. On the other hand, with my style, as in yours, when the mkt turns choppy, I'm not interested. So the choice becomes wait it out or go somewhere else.

#14     Aug 27, 2006
  5. Bitstream

Bit, i take it you like my advice. Thanks for the recommendation. ........... :D

Bottom line, some got it, some do not, some never will when they critique rather than try to learn.

#15     Aug 27, 2006
  6. Malinois

Malinois

Yes, this is true Batterup. But one must be careful not to be condescending in tone, for one never knows how much or little experience another has on this forum.

I appreciate your comments because after all, I solicited them. But you have assumed I am new to trading which is false. I clerked in the Spoos Pit in the late nineties and have been trading(position and day) for 15 years. Just because someone asks a question does not subordinate them to a teacher/student role.

Rather, I think it is healthy for all of us to think of ourselves as students, and the moment one stops trying to improve or evolve, the end may be near. To use an analogy, I once saw a extremely high level Asian martial artist walk up to a student in another art and ask him about how to perform a technique. Classic humility!!!

#16     Aug 27, 2006
  7. u got shit and nothin' other than delusions; u give out atrocious utterly biased advice..all bs talk, no prove u bank those 20es handles a day, nothin' just hot air. and the only few 'suppposed live trade' u called in chat went against u in a flash, nevermind u always bot the top and sold the bottom. man it's all in the logs..u want me to dig 'em out and shame u for good? [like if it was necessary ror].

#17     Aug 27, 2006
  8. of course man, we are always learnin'..this is anever-endin' process; fact is that this freak thinks he's a master of some sort, bankin' huge gains tradin' only es. and frankly if u hear more from him u realize he's just an arrogant prick full of himself and with limited knowledge. man, 'till last month he was convinced that was impossible to buy the bid and sell the ask, he might still be...go figure.

#18     Aug 27, 2006
  9. mallinois,

let's break this down.........your opening post was saying i am poor little innocent guy who can't decide to watch 1 market or 2...please help with ideas........then the chop i stand aside.......both indicative of inexperienced emini daytrader.......then the bopsey twins ripley and bitstream come in and you join their jumping on batterup, who made sense.....all one gathers from the 2 goombahs posts is how to curse and slander better.....then here u come with all my vast experiences...don't underestimate me..how dare you talk down to the clowns.............HUGE EGO......2 and 2 don't make 4 here..........here is the answer correctly put.........if u r good trader, # of markets WATCHED SIMULTANEOUSLY IS not relevant....but one market ONLY is best for most traders, as most are not good.......now tell the truth, this time to yourself....are u a good trader ...are u not a good trader.....u r the only one u can hurt by not being honest with yourself as i ain't trading your account.... ......and my answer is correct......if u hang in long enough u will see it come to pass....

#19     Aug 27, 2006
  10. porgie, u might give out some good tips from time to time but on almost all of your posts u talk out of your big fat arse. go join your friend hog in fantasy land...u both have 100% win ratio system, u should get along fine in toyworld. :p

#20     Aug 27, 2006