FNM, FRE a buy now?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by blnbr, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Any stock below 5 is not marginable and a stock can be delisted if it falls below 5. DO your homework. Its not about margin it goes deeper. You have just exposed yourself as a novice.

Penny Stock Notoriety - A "penny stock," according to SEC interpretation, is an equity trading for less than $5 a share that is not traded on the listed markets of the NYSE, AMEX, or NASDAQ. This perception of riskiness in sub-$5 dollar stocks outside the major exchanges has definitely influenced the perception off all sub-$5 stocks, even those highly liquid and more transparent exchange traded stocks.

Listen and learn. Perception is a thing to deal with when the SEC is sitting in front of you.

#61     Aug 27, 2009
  2. Subdude

Subdude

Ok, this is the last post from you I will ever see as you are on my ignore list from now on. Any stock under $5 is not marginable??? Blow it out your ass - this is completely dependent on the broker you use. To give you an example, I can buy 100 shares of AMD (presently trading @ $4.22) with $105.50 of margin collateral. I am trading on IB.

#62     Aug 27, 2009
  3. I'm not a golfer but isn't the correct term or phrase the "LIE of the grass"

I have heard it expressed this way and I understand it to refer to the direction the ball will travel to the right or left based on the grass and the slope of the terrain.

I have never heard the term/phrase with the word grain.

Anyone know?

#63     Aug 27, 2009
  4. BY GEOFF GREIG
    Grain is simply the direction the grass is laying. If all grass stood straight up only the slope would influence the break of putts on the green. However, grass always grows toward the setting sun and it will tend to lay in the direction of the primary water drainage.

On most golf courses these two influences will counterbalance each other so the grain will not influence the putts very much. But, at some courses the setting sun and the water drainage are the same direction so when the ball is rolling slowly it will try to follow the grain. This makes for some very unusual behaving putts.

If your putt is downhill and downgrain it will roll like it is on a linoleum floor. To compensate for the extra roll you can do one of two things.
    1. Pretend the hole is short of where it actually is.
    2. Strike the ball towards the the toe of the putter instead of on the sweet spot.

The difference between a novice and a Pro.... The pro knows what you mean the novice has no idea. If you have to ask you are in the wrong league. When these stocks reach 5 please kiss my CRYSTAL BALLS- Thanks SUbdude...

#64     Aug 28, 2009
  5. How does that differ from Lie?

Is Lie exclusive to the slope of the terrain?

Please explain and contrast the definition and use of these two terms.

#65     Aug 28, 2009
  6. blnbr

blnbr

The news today seems again to encourage the bulls and squeeze the bears.

#66     Dec 28, 2009
  7. I've always thought of the term "lie" to be a subjective description of how challenging the conditions for the next shot based upon the ground immediately under and surrounding the ball.

A "good lie" would be like in the fairway. No grass or depressions in the ground to deal with... able to get the club on the back of the ball cleanly. In the rough, the "lie" could also be good [comparatively] with little in the way of obstacles to the next shot, or poor presenting various degrees of difficulty.

"Grain" has to do with the tendency of the grass to grow towards the sun. So putting "into the grain" means the tips of the grass blades present additional resistance [at up to a perpendicular angle] to the roll of the ball. Downgrain means the ball rolls over the body of the grass blades.... and the tips of grass don't interfere. Cross grain means the tips of grass impose additional interference to the straight travel of the ball with a sideways influence [though not as much interference as "into the grain"] and tend to push the ball in the direction of the grain.

#67     Dec 28, 2009
  8. Government control equals too much risk.

#68     Dec 28, 2009
  9. Trading should never be like gambling. I never thought a government investment would be like a roll of dice on the crap table. Its like living in a bizarro world.

Everything is upside down...

#69     Jan 5, 2010