FNM, FRE a buy now?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by blnbr, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Subdude

Subdude

Well, I suppose to each his own. FWIW, the market has already "come back", and well past where it should have stopped. There has been no general correction to speak of, thus far.

Not sure where you're getting your $5 targets from though, nor does it matter too much anyway - enjoy it while it lasts.

#51     Aug 10, 2009
  2. Longer term the stock has to be marginable for many large funds to buy. ie pension funds.

SO though I doubt they see 5 anytime soon it is a run from there and in 36 months we go back to the voting booth and this will hit 5 by then. This is not a trade but an investment. If you trade like I do then you need slow money to grow.

#52     Aug 10, 2009
  3. Could it be that someone has a crystal Ball.

I think these go to 5 soon for marginability and get dumped to the funds. Cha Ching for the government. Watch and learn Stock running 101.

Please order my book when it comes out.
    The new FNM FRE is a major powerhouse...

#53     Aug 25, 2009
  4. Subdude

Subdude

Enjoy the run, and thanks for "I told you so". FRE & FNM are insolvent, and are in a large part responsible for the housing crisis. Nothing has fundamentally changed, and the emperor still has no clothes. Fish like you are getting suckered in, only to be left gasping for air when the plug is pulled (and it will be).

What's your book titled anyway - "My crystal balls"?

#54     Aug 25, 2009
  5. I would agree 100% if someone if holding and hoping for the golden egg, but you have to admit, if you can get in an out quick, there's money to be made in the trash. Playing the action but getting out, fast. I'm kicking myself for not taking a little more chance, but then again, these things scare the shit out of me and once I'm in I kick myself until I get out. :D

#55     Aug 25, 2009
  6. Thanks for the catchy name .... I love it . The privatization of the Social Security markets is a long term goal of the markets.

I am really loving that name and I may have to call the publisher. This is the chase for yields. With the average FHA loan is above 5% so that creates a good return for pension funds who will accept yields at these levels.

Here is where we reverse the debt. Think how much the govt has made on their investment. They are in at the low levels I mentioned back in February.

#56     Aug 27, 2009
  7. Subdude

Subdude

myorifices, are you fucking high on crack or something? What yields? Pension funds? Yeah, if I am putting money away for retirement, I'll be sure to ask the advisor to put me in some hot GSE stocks, like FRE/FNM/AIG.

#57     Aug 27, 2009
  8. When the markets stabilize and the losers like AIG start increasing/ paying dividends this will be a win win win. These funds are re aligning their funds for the long term. You cannot trade 139 million dollars without being noticed.

Think like a big money manager and you will see that the market will show you the way. If you play golf its like reading the grain of the grass. This year is about gains and confidence. Remember that prior to September 2008 there was a tremendous amount of assets on the sidelines. Trillions. WHen they start to play again where will they go. FNM, FRE, GSE and the dividends will make the stay worthwhile. If you know anything about dividends then you know that I would take a 5% dividend over a volatile stock anyday.

Traders can use the investors as a tool to trade against. Any good traders knows that his biggest enemy is an investor who is long term.

#58     Aug 27, 2009
  9. Subdude

Subdude

LMAO @ GSEs to start paying dividends. These guys are still on the hook for trillions of debt collectively, and many billions of those will be lost. First you say these stocks must be above $5 for funds to be able to buy them on a margin (this is total BS, btw). Now you're pushing the divident fairy tale. You are indeed smoking something, my friend! :D

The common stock of FNM is purely a daytrading vehicle with no actual value behind it. Smoke and mirrors.

#59     Aug 27, 2009
  10. Yeah, check the price of recycled paper beforehand.

#60     Aug 27, 2009