Flu vs COVID

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by apdxyk, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Hmm -your math predicts a death toll for the US of 10,500,000 people. So far, we're at 182,000. That's 1.7% of the way there. Doesn't look too likely.

#41     Aug 29, 2020
  2. Cuddles

Cuddles

your lack of knowledge in what "per capita" represents is showing.

#42     Aug 29, 2020
  3. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

I didn't make any math prediction about Covid-19.

wrbtrader

#43     Aug 29, 2020
  4. Turveyd

Turveyd

0.1% so 325k +\- 50k expected, if no 2nd wave which expected.

What's the yearly deaths all in number for USA? 4 million? Allowing for overlap, ie people that would of died anyway 85% so about 2% yearly increase.

#44     Aug 29, 2020
  5. JSOP

JSOP

The N-95 mask is a freaking pain in the freaking a$$ to wear! I HATE the double elastics at the back. They are so poorly designed that my mask keeps falling off and if I adjust one of the elastics higher, it would fall off on my face. The whole time I had to keep touching the mask to adjust because it keeps falling off my nose which defeats the purpose of wearing the mask. And it fogged up my glasses all the time. I do NOT know how those medical professionals wear them 24/7 and still be able to treat patients. I gained a whole new level of respect for them just for being able to dedicate themselves to patients while having that crap of that N-95 mask on.

You wore absolutely the correct mask. Covid-19 is a biological warfare, a one that we brought upon ourselves because we decided to eat an animal that has tried its utmost best to stay the hell out of our way, out of our sight. Some say that we humans is the ultimate virus, it couldn't be truer.

#45     Oct 13, 2020
    wrbtrader likes this.
  6. Overnight

Overnight

Nobody ever said that a 3M™ N-95-style mask was the only thing that would protect you from the COVID. You got sucked into the BS of the CNNs and Fox Newses.

#46     Oct 13, 2020
  7. JSOP

JSOP

I didn't say it's the only mask that can protect me from the Covid. I just said it's not a well-designed mask.

#47     Oct 13, 2020
    Overnight likes this.
  8. Overnight

Overnight

Got ya'. Did you find an alternate? They sell them in packs at Walgreens. They look like the ones you see on General Hospital, during a surgery scene. Cloth ear loops. Very durable, and washable, too!

#48     Oct 13, 2020
  9. Turveyd

Turveyd

It's the lowest option that will work, obviously full biohazard suites would be better.

Nothing below can filter out a virus so pointless including bits of random clothe over mouth generally pulled so tight you can see teeth, yeah that's real.

#49     Oct 13, 2020
  10. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

I think too many people are using face masks as if its the only thing they need to do although its perhaps the "easiest" thing to do with very little effort.

Unfortunately, the anti-mask crowd allowed it to get in their head as a political statement that Covid-19 is not real or can not be deadly...

They've made a choice not to wear one...they then must face the consequences when something goes wrong when they get sick.

Proper Face Mask, Cool looking protection glasses / goggles, hand washing and social distancing around others

wrbtrader

#50     Oct 13, 2020
    KCalhoun likes this.