Flu vs COVID

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by apdxyk, Aug 24, 2020.

1. US public policy has yet to get this right.

#31     Aug 28, 2020
  2. Cuddles

Cuddles

the numbers have been cooked for months to prop up Donnie.

#32     Aug 28, 2020
  3. LacesOut

LacesOut

Stupid comment from a moron

#33     Aug 28, 2020
  4. Cuddles

Cuddles

#34     Aug 28, 2020
  5. bone

bone

Countries with high public mask compliance saw big summer spikes. US States with high public mask compliance like California and New York saw big summer spikes (as did Texas and Florida).

Sweden had an early spike but let it burn through and their summer was modest. Mixed scientific opinions about Swedish “herd immunity”. Now Sweden is saying that masks don’t really help and that the Chinese sourced test kits gave false positives.

#35     Aug 28, 2020
    Turveyd and LacesOut like this.
  6. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

They did a test of about +30 types of face masks being commonly worn during this Pandemic...

Most did a poor job with the cough particles, sneezing particles and aerosols except only a few.

One day I went to the pharmacy to buy some hydrogen peroxide and there was a medical technician at the door entry acting like a security guard...stating you can not enter unless you have on proper face mask wear.

A lot of people were turn away for not wearing a proper face mask and she was handing them a brochure of what they consider to be proper face masks and where one can buy them online or local store.

People that needed to pick up medicine but couldn't enter because their face mask was not proper...they were offered delivery at no extra cost or offer to wait in their cars and call in their pickup for the medicine...someone will bring their medicine out to them in the parking lot but you had to stand outside your car to listen for your name being called. :D
    • The point, most of the people wearing a face mask were turned away while some were allowed entry into the pharmacy.
    Ever since that day, whenever I go to that particular pharmacy...I make sure I wear my N-95 face mask.

Here's the funny thing...one day just to be funny via a dare from my teenagers...I wore one of my old military nuclear / biological / chemical warfare respirator masks. The door person at the door of the pharmacy laughed and let me into the pharmacy...she seemed dumbfounded as in WTF ?

I'm not sure how the guy in the below video was able to get his hands on one but I have three of them and recently got some good carbon filters...filters are truly a pain in the butt in the changing process.

Now go do a 20 mile hike with one of these face masks on and +100 pounds of military gear on your back...enjoy your mask but whatever you do...never puke inside the mask. :D

wrbtrader

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
    #36     Aug 28, 2020
  7. LacesOut

LacesOut

LOL. No one is testing more than America. Showing the Libtard virus is not much worse than a bad flu season. Enjoy the falling IFR and realize you cut off your head to prevent a headache.

#37     Aug 28, 2020
    Turveyd likes this.
  8. bone

bone

Social media and the modern news media industry exaggerates the shallow impulses of vain humanity and trivializes rational thought and logic.

Being informed is not the same thing as being intelligently informed.

#38     Aug 29, 2020
    FriskyCat, Turveyd and wrbtrader like this.
  9. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Very interesting.

wrbtrader

#39     Aug 29, 2020
  10. Turveyd

Turveyd

Media scared everyone so badly, everyone thought the virus will kill them if caught, so everybody demanded saving rather than understanding there odds of death are very very low and carrying on regardless.

The same people are starting to realise, virus was never a threat, but losing the house and starving to death suck!

More and more here, who was scared realising huge over reaction, still too many calling the shots makingit worse mind :(

#40     Aug 29, 2020