Flu vaccines are BULLSHART

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Optional, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Amazing how many people actually believe it will protect them or even reduce the severity of infection.
    The Flu virus is far too complex and rapidly changing to have any effective vaccination.
    Drug companies love then though!

This year I've had quite a shitty last 5 weeks when it comes to being ill. Very rare for me and this happens only once every 7 or 8 years to me.
    On and off sick, bad phlegm, a nasty cough and a tickle in my throat that wouldn't go away and led me to coughing fits. Sinus issues, ear issues. Really shitty. I'm probably 99% now and only had one or two days where I felt like complete ass.

Have you gotten sick yet?

2. hughb

hughb

I've had the flu twice in the last ten years.

The flu vaccine works - but only for the particular strains you've been injected with. You won't be immune to any mutations of the killed virus that you were vaccinated with. It's still a good idea to get the shot, at least in my opinion. The old viri are still out there and if you should happen to come into contact with it, the immunization will save you. I think the news broadcast I heard this morning said that the CDC claims the flu vaccine is 62% effective.

3. DT-waw

DT-waw

its a business to make money on stupid sheeple.
    just like almost every other business.

people want to harm themselves and pay for it!
    same like buying coca cola!

shut up and understand peoples needs! :D

4. Lucrum

Lucrum

No

I believe 1990 was the last time I had the flu.

I've had one flu shot in my life, that would have been around 91' or 92'.

5. I had my first flu shot last week. But I have lung issues now and if I get the flu it's going to be a pain in the ass. So I figured wtf, as long as the flu shot doesn't do me in, what's the harm?

I can't remember the last time I had the flu, get sypmtoms that last a day or two once in a while then I kick them off.

6. Who the F knows what future damages the flu shot is causing?

Ever since the MMR shot became mandatory for infants, Autism rates have gone parabolic. Coincidence? No way.

The government and big pharma hand in hand making the citizens dumber, more docile, and dependent on entitlements.

7. I also only get sick about every 5-7 years and I've never had a flu shot. But I'm thinking about getting it next year, because if it helps at all...

I caught that bastard flu this year and felt like shite for about 10 days. 101-102 fever, head congestion first followed by lung congestion, weak and tired...didn't feel like eating much (I did lose about 8 lbs tho!).

It was a very crappy experience and right before Christmas too. :(

8. I had my first flu shot last year and I think I have the flu or a bad ass cold. Got the sickest I've been in about 12 years. I was at the hospital quite a bit last month sitting with a sick relative so I could of caught something there. I'll probably get another flu shot next year.

9. This statistic is garbage by the way.
    Don't tell me you believe that if 100 people get the flu shot that 62 of them won't get flu because of it.
    This is how people get brainwashed into Believing such nonsense.

10. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Why 64.8 percent of Americans didn’t get a flu shot
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-8-percent-of-americans-didnt-get-a-flu-shot/

Some of these complaints do have a kernel of truth to them: Flu vaccines tend to have a lower efficacy rate than other immunizations. Patients given the MMR vaccination (measles, mumps and rubella), for example, have a 95 percent chance of developing immunity to those diseases (97 percent for mumps).

This year’s flu vaccine is 62 percent effective, meaning that those who receive the vaccination are 62 percent less likely to develop the flu than those who don’t. That does leave space for someone who receives the vaccine to become sick but, as public health officials would argue, gives them better odds than an individual without any protection at all.

Flu vaccines are tricky, in no small part because the disease “mutates often,” The Washington Post’s Lena H. Sun explains, “and the antibodies that people produce only protect them through one flu season.” As one CDC official told her, “The nature of flu viruses and the complexity of the human immune response makes it very difficult to develop a 100-percent effective vaccine.”

#10     Jan 13, 2013