'Flow', 'Mastery' & The 'Way' of the Trade

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Flow, Nov 30, 2002.

1. Sounds like a J_Commisso thread...

PM me if you're still around, Commisso.

#31     Dec 15, 2002
  2. logan

logan

THE SECRET OF SUCCESSFUL TRADING!!

At the Gorge of Lu, the great waterfall plunges for thousands of feet, its spray visible for miles in the churning waters below, no living creature can be seen. One day, K'ung-fu-Tse was standing at a distance from the pool's edge, when he saw an old man being tossed about in the turbulent water. He called to his disciples, and together they ran to rescue the victim. But by the time they reached the water, the old man had climbed out onto the bank, and was walking along singing to himself. K'ung fu-tse hurried up to him. "You have to be a ghost to survive that," he said, "but you seem to be a man, instead. What secret power do you have?" "Nothing special," the old man replied. "I began to learn while very young, and grew up practicing it. Now, I am certain of success. I go down with the flow and come up with the flow. I follow it and forget myself. I survive because I don't struggle against the flow's superior power. It's as simple as that."

Are you going with the flow or still fighting the trend?? Follow the old man's example and be a happy, healthy, profitable trader in 2003.

(This quote was taken from a Holiday Letter by Edward Toppel http://www.samuraitrader.com )

#32     Dec 16, 2002
  3. logan

logan

1. Buy low, sell high.
    2. Let profits run, cut losses quickly.
    3. Add to a winning position, not a loser.
    4. Go with the trend.

-- Zen In The Markets by Edward Toppel

#33     Dec 16, 2002
  4. Only the warrior fighting for the prince
    Can trade with abandon

#34     Dec 17, 2002
  5. dottom

dottom

Master Po (blind): "do you hear the grasshopper at your feet?"

Young Caine: "old man, how is it that you hear these things?"

Master Po: "young man, how is it that you do not?"

- from Kung Fu the movie

#35     Dec 17, 2002
  6. Master Po: Take the marble from my hands.
    Young Caine: I could not.
    Master Po: When you snatch the marble from my hand, then you can get the hell outta here.

- - -

Master Yoda- The is no try. Only do or do not.

#36     Dec 17, 2002
  7. Rhythm

Rhythm

For the true warrior, there is no warfare.

-The Sacred Path of the Warrior

The market has no feelings and is, in fact, quite indifferent to your inner turmoil. There is no warfare. Make peace with yourself and go with the flow.

#37     Dec 25, 2002
  8. i love the tv advertisement where the guy is trading in his den and gets so wound-up he crashes through his window onto his own front lawn. he comes out if it and looks at 2 neighbors walking along the sidewalk - he's like "what happended?" i dont watch tv, but i'd see it at the gym occassionally. there were a lot of messages in the ad; i kinda believe the creator of the ad had his own message for his "clients." that commercial is a "classic."

#38     Dec 25, 2002
  9. flow,

just finished "dancing wu li masters" that is a GREAT book, thanks for the sugestion.

surf

#39     Dec 28, 2002

10. Any books/videotapes or something you'd recommend?

Robert

#40     Dec 28, 2002