Florida Real Estate

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ig0r, Mar 21, 2004.

1. Hey mav,
    I live in Boca on a $50k salary at Smith Barney, but I'll tell you who lives within a mile or so of me on the ocean, and in Jupiter. In boca we have Dennis Koslowski(Tyco CEO), Scott Sullivan(Worldcom), both homes are over $15 million. Jeff Gordon (Nascar), Rush Limbaugh(as you heard was dealing pills out of his Delray Beach home), heirs of Pepsi; then in Palm Beach you have Trump's $200 million Mar-A-Lago estate, Estee Lauder, the founder of Netscape, etc, etc. It's sick. I drive up and down Ocean Drive and the hoems range from $5 million to $50 million. They aren't day traders, so what are we doing wrong? They are entreprenuers, who came up with a brilliant idea, such as Mark Cuban, etc. Let's think of something and get it started!

#11     Mar 22, 2004
  2. ig0r

ig0r

I have the holy grail, how much will that sell for?

#12     Mar 22, 2004
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Dude, those homes were blowing my mind. I mean I have been all over South Florida but I haven't been north of West Palm where they are doing a lot of building. I guess it's pretty cool when you live on your own island, I don't know.

You know these homes are very expensive but it seems like you get a lot of bang for your buck down there. I mean these homes are huge!!!!. And the property they sit on are huge. For that same amount in California you would get some small house on a hill with no yard. These homes can park 5 yachts in their backyard!!! Freaking sick man. LOL.

#13     Mar 22, 2004
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

#14     Mar 22, 2004
  5. pruggera

pruggera

You haven't won anything if you have to pay.

#15     Mar 22, 2004
  6. ertrader1

ertrader1 Guest

Uhh gator you work for smith barney , ur not a trade ur a broker.

"They aren't day traders, so what are we doing wrong? They are entreprenuers, who came up with a brilliant idea, such as Mark Cuban, etc. Let's think of something and get it started!"

and the top three on ur list of fine homes, are criminals.....and the other is a drug addict......So........i thinks its better if you shoot to try and be like MIKE......were nikes and play a little ball....safer and less hassel.

#16     Mar 22, 2004
  7. It does seem like many of these guys with big homes will soon be in the Big House with Martha Stewart. Scott Sullivan and Kozlowski bought homes in Florida because Florida law doesnt allow you to be sued for your house, which is why OJ Simpson also bought a house in Florida before the trial, and why Michael Jackson was seen in Palm Beach shopping for a house too. They put the money into a house, w hich can never be taken away.
    And yes I'm a broker that trades my own account, and trying to learn enough to trade for a living!

#17     Mar 23, 2004