Florida Politics

Discussion in 'Politics' started by chasinfla, Aug 31, 2002.

1. ooooh, yeah. that's what we need. Janet Reno 'fixing' the DCF. Please see how she 'fixed' the Gonzales family.

#21     Sep 1, 2002
  2. tampa

tampa

Charley wrote: "Please see how she 'fixed' the Gonzales family.
    "

Do you mean the family that exploited that little boy, and stood in defiance of lawful court orders?

Got to agree with you there - Reno waited way to long to act!

#22     Sep 1, 2002
  3. The election of Reno as governor of Florida would be a travesty to all Americans. Worst cabinet member in twenty years. She sure ain't no Archibald Cox, falling on the sword. Tampa I've come to expect you to act as a Kremlin loving Pinko. Rs7, you just must be one of those limousine liberals.

#23     Sep 1, 2002
  4. tampa

tampa

How is it that I am a Pinko, and rs7 is only a limousine liberal?

I am a capitalist, a citizen in good standing, and a tax payer. But because I fail to subscribe to your paranoid beliefs, you call me names and question my patriotism? Something's not right here.

#24     Sep 1, 2002
  5. kathy

kathy

Lolol well we sure do have a spunky group of folks posting here with lots of diversity in the decussion of politics, race, sexual orientation, and geographical locations. Irregardless of our belief's Florida is surely a place of much divesity, that you can definitely count on if you should decide to move to this interesting state; i assure you! Never a dull moment! Thank-you America the beautiful for offering those freedoms to all! Ok elite traders, Do we retest new lows, head ever lower, or up we go? I'm sensing lower we go! Have a wonderful labor day week-end! Living in the state of Florida and having no regrets, Kathy

#25     Sep 1, 2002
  6. tampa

tampa

And you sir are a foreign car driving right-wing, paranoid nut case!

#26     Sep 1, 2002
  7. tampa

tampa

She'll say most anything - she's trying to unload her house, no doubt to get out of this place...

#27     Sep 1, 2002
  8. kathy

kathy

Now that was unkind Tampa, and i will no problem selling my house and plan to stay right here in the same town! Unfortunately i was diagnosed with lupus and a mother that is 81 that i am caring for and seek to simply life to the codo world otherwis i love this home of mine! Tampa why so negative about people??? Open your heart to people alittle! Well good luck folks no more comments from this lady and you sir are no gentleman and need to learn respectful manners!

#28     Sep 1, 2002
  9. You mean where you come from women are named Jeb and Buddy? Wow, living in Florida must really be a culture shock for you!

#29     Sep 1, 2002
  10. rs7

rs7

Hmmm. I know that for whatever reason, Tampa seems to resent me. But I think we are pretty like minded here.

Reno had the job of being the top law enforcement person. So she enforced the law with Elio Gonzalez. Does this mean she had no empathy for the Cuban American community in Miami? No, it doesn't mean that at all. She was doing what the law dictated. Pure and simple. Also, what did Elio himself want? To be with his father in his home? Or to live as a symbol in a foreign land?

This is not to say that I believe all laws are right. They certainly are not. But the point is, we play by rules of law, and you can't change them as you go along. They can be changed however. Just not on a whim, and not without proceedure.

Calling me a limo liberal or a pinko....very good!

How about just someone who believes in freedom, social justice, and equality. And tolerance for all religions, political beliefs (even the wrong ones:)) and one man (or woman) and one vote? And free enterprise and speech. How are these things not compatible?

I believe in our constitution. I am proud my son joined the U.S. Navy, though I resisted the draft and I protested the Viet Nam war. I see no contradictions here either. I have voted mostly Democrat, but occasionally Republican. I don't believe one party represents evil, and one good. Just like I don't believe one religion represents good and one (or many) represent evil. I guess this makes me a liberal. I am proud to be labeled that if it means someone that is tolerant. I believe right wingers are not tolerant. I will stand by that and not apologize if it offends.

I have heard the expression "liberal assholes" so many times from conservatives. Why is it that I have never heard a liberal use the term "conservative assholes"? Maybe it really is all about tolerance.

Or intolerance from our "staunch" (another specialized word) conservatives (Right wing fanatics).

ps: glad to see this thread got moved to chit chat.

#30     Sep 1, 2002