Florida Politics

Discussion in 'Politics' started by chasinfla, Aug 31, 2002.

1. I'm a transplant from the Boston area, as well. About the only fond memories I have are of the countryside in good weather, the smell of a summer night, Sunday drives picking blueberries, things like that. The people, the politics, etc. I don't miss.

I'm aiming to get some land on the N Gulf coast of Florida. I prefer the old, rural, Florida, what's left of it (it's disappearing fast).

The only thing that would drive me from this state is the politics, and it's threatening to do that.

2. I am surprised to hear this. What is wrong with the politics in Florida? Y'all have a mighty fine Governor, and a good record on capital punishment. Almost as good as my beloved Texas.

What is your particular gripe, Chasinfla? Maybe I can do something about it if I know the particulars.

Dubya

3. tampa

tampa

During the last election we got to choose between a man named Jeb, and one named Buddy.

That may not sound strange to you, but where I come from, men are not named Jeb or Buddy!

4. rs7

rs7

Chas, gotta ask......in what way are the politics threatening you in Florida? Especially coming from Boston, where the politics are so extremely opposite those of Fla., and yet you objected to them there as well???

Also, I know I asked you this before, but you keep referring to "the invisible hand". What does this mean?

Thanks,
    RS7

5. janet reno is a good example of threatening politics. Notice that I did not say, 'threatening ME,' as you did.

Florida has been transformed before my eyes from a sleepy southern state into a sophisticated police state with a half dozen universities and all the left wing nonsense that comes with them.

No, I'm not against universities. Just all the left wing nonsense that comes with them. Like when UF wanted to fly the UN flag. Pardon me while I vomit.

To say that I 'object' to the politics in Massachusetts obfuscates the issue and makes it sound like it's my problem. I'm not the first and won't be the last to object to the very objectionable and dark business of politics in the Bay State. It goes way back before Barney Frank, Fells Acres, Chappaquiddick, Mayor Curley, maybe even before the witch hunts.

The Invisible Hand. See "The Wealth of Nations," Adam Smith.

6. tampa

tampa

Hey Charley, can you say paranoid?

( a note to those of you thinking about moving here: Charley lives in Pinellis County. The place is over-run with guys like him )

7. whatever.

8. tampa

tampa

Janet is from here - a native - not a disgruntled carpetbagger who ran away from Boston.

9. haha. Don't tell me you support Janet Reno? What a laff riot she is. She may even lose her own primary.

10. tampa

tampa

nO, i DO NOT SUPPORT jANET. i WILL VOTE FOR mCbRIDE IN THE PRIMARY.

nOR DO i SUPPORT CARPETBAGGERS WHO THINK THAT fLORIDA IS A HOT BED OF LIBERAL LEFT-WINGERS.

#10     Sep 1, 2002