Florida: Palm Beach or Miami Beach

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by praetorian2, Jan 7, 2004.

1. Started with the nine states that didn't have any income taxes. Florida was my first pick because I am into boating/fishing and great weather (I hate cold weather). I toured the state and worked with over a dozen realtors to see properties all the way up both coasts. I didn't want to be in a big city, but I wanted to be close enough that I could enjoy all of the amenities of one. I could move anywhere in this country (or this world for that matter) and this area really appealed to me. The Tampa area is also a good food city......which I am into. I can go to eat northern Italian at quaint little place where the owner/chef doesn't even speak english and cooks his grandmother's recipies. I can walk 20 feet and be at a world renowned sushi chef's place. Gotta love the immigrants that set up authentic restaurants here! Best salt water boating in this country.....The entire west coast of florida is as smooth as a lake ..... on the open ocean.

#51     Jan 8, 2004
  2. I am looking for a place in Palm Beach. Plan to move end of the year. See you soon.

#52     Jan 8, 2004
    #53     Jan 8, 2004
  4. Joetrader, never even heard of ybor.

I don't need a clubbing life, just some excitement. I am gonna settle on miami beach. I just feel exhausted from looking basically. I can get a place for a year and change my mind fast. Looking city to city sux.

Thanx for the suggestions.

#54     Jan 9, 2004
  5. If you are serious about making contacts in financial circles, rent or sublease condo or a office condo with 24/7 access on Brickell Ave in Miami . They usually come with parking garage. Parking is nonexistent in Miami Beach. Brickell is about 5 miles from SoBe and about the same from Coconut Grove where lots of UM students hang out, campus is also close and I believe that UM crowd is even more fun that typical South Beach , mostly low life, mob .
    Walter

#55     Jan 9, 2004
  6. ElCubano

ElCubano

I would also reccomend this.....although the beach has its flair; it may not be where you actually want to live ( only party, girl watch and beach ).....by far the best places to live are:

Coconut Grove; Key Biscayne; Brickell; Coral Gables....and like Walter said; it is a hop skip and a jump to SOBE....good luck

#56     Jan 9, 2004
  7. I'm surprised more people don't live in Wyoming (Jackson Hole or Cody) due to the lack of state taxes.

#57     Jan 9, 2004
  8. Are there pretty girls in Jackson Hole?

#58     Jan 9, 2004
  9. Yep, 90% are athletic too and 30% can out-snowboard me!

#59     Jan 9, 2004
  10. nkhoi

nkhoi

#60     Jan 9, 2004