Florida: Palm Beach or Miami Beach

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by praetorian2, Jan 7, 2004.

1. I grew up in Palm Beach.
    I have worked in Miami Beach for 7 years.

Miami Beach is great if you're young and single and want action, like Latin/Spanish culture, don't mind paying a premium for real estate (unless you do a fixer-upper yourself) and are street smart. There does seem to be a nice handful of traders around.

Palm Beach has a little action, as you saw on Clematis, not as much culture, real estate is a great buy right now (in the right area of course), not as many people to be suspicious of and I know there are a lot of traders in Boca Raton, just south of Palm Beach.

If you'd like any more specifics feel free to pm me.

#31     Jan 7, 2004

2. thanks for the info. breakers or ritz carlton palm beach ?

best,

surfer:)

#32     Jan 7, 2004
  3. Thanx for the info guys. Property in miami beach is expensive. 400k+ for anything halfway decent. Nothing looks too safe really.

I came back to Palm beach for a night. It is dead and then some. No one out on a wednesday night. Just not for me.

I don't know. I am gonna take a look at boca and ft lauderdale tomorrow.

Keep the info flowing.

For guys in miami beach, do you have trouble ever with your internet (and I mean ever). Are there any serious hedge funds there? Is there any place good to rent space to run a fund down there? We kept looking around and things looked just too run down for my tastes.

Then again, I put up with New Orleans. New Orleans makes mexico look like the french riviera.

#33     Jan 7, 2004
  4. what do you do out late every night?

#34     Jan 7, 2004
  5. nkhoi

nkhoi

to do some fund research, I bet :D

#35     Jan 7, 2004
  6. Pabst

Pabst

Check out Lauderdale. Best town down there. Go to Riverwalk, Las Olas Blvd, and on the beach just north of Las Olas a club called Atlantis. You can live within 10 minutes and get a cool house for 400k or a smoking condo for 250K. PM me if you want.

#36     Jan 8, 2004
  7. saico

saico

I've found Hollywood Beach as great. It's located between Ft. Lauderdale and Miami. Why not rent a great brand new apartment? You will find a lot there. Just do a research at www.apartments.com, or something similar.

Saico
    Germany

#37     Jan 8, 2004
  8. I am just out there going to bars, seeing live music... you know. Enjoying myself.

#38     Jan 8, 2004
  9. quote from praetorian: For guys in miami beach, do you have trouble ever with your internet (and I mean ever). Are there any serious hedge funds there? Is there any place good to rent space to run a fund down there? We kept looking around and things looked just too run down for my tastes.

I know 3 hedge funds (personally) who run out of Miami......no problems with connections whatsoever. Its a city....so you have the best real estate in terms of residential and commercial and the worst. It is a complicated place to be sure. I agree with the post about Hollywood beach, a nice little place..(very "normal") .....quick to both the south beach and Ft. Lauderdale action.

#39     Jan 8, 2004

10. Here, Here.....BTW Palm Beach is old money....sure they have kids like Paris Hilton who like to play, but you cannot Compare SB to Palm Beach in terms of night life....I lived in Palm Beach County for quite some time....PB is more laid back and social....every time i went to SB though.....WHeeeeewwww!!!! Im too old for SB :( :(

#40     Jan 8, 2004