Florida Or Michigan?? Poll

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Copernicus, Dec 2, 2006.

#2?

1. Florida

33 vote(s)
    55.0%
  2. Michigan

27 vote(s)
    45.0%
  1. Jeff Sagarin's computers say Florida played a weaker schedule than Michigan.

I have to agree. Western Carolina is one of the worst teams in Division I-AA, and Florida played them. The Big Ten is a more difficult conference than the SEC (this year, at least).

Anyway, the discussion here is moot. If Florida gets to the title game, Ohio State will crush them into pulp, as if they were oranges.

#21     Dec 3, 2006
  2. Western Carolina is so bad one of their two wins this year was against Chowan University, a Baptist College here in NC. Chowan is so bad they go thumped by a couple of Division 3 teams. They even got beat by the apprentice team of Newport News Shipbuilding. Chowan's the worst team in Division 2. No wins. Not even close.

#22     Dec 3, 2006
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Hey Einstein, what do you have to say about Florida's wins over LSU, TENN, and Arkansas? Big Ten is a joke like it is every year. Oh yeah, Wisconsin, woo hoo!!!!

#23     Dec 3, 2006
  4. Western Carolina was a tune up game that doesnt count, Florida played one more game than Michigan.... so you can throw that one out

#24     Dec 3, 2006
  5. Let Florida in....all that will happen is that they lose by 30 to OSU and everybody after the fact will know that Michigan should have played. I trade in Mav's firm, but I have my roots in the big 10 and my alma mater. GO BLUE!!!!

#25     Dec 3, 2006
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

Florida Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#26     Dec 3, 2006
  7. :)) its official

#27     Dec 3, 2006
  8. Yo, numbnuts, I didn't say Florida played a weak schedule. I said that Sagarin's computers said that Florida's schedule was weaker. Look it up, at usatoday.com, if you like. Michigan played a tougher non-conference (gee, who's better? Notre Dame or Western Carolina? Tough one) :)

Big Ten's a joke? Whatever. Two of the top three teams are in the Big Ten. Academically, it's not even close (not that that matters to you). :) Does the SEC even require their players to be able to read?

On a side note, I really don't like Michigan, personally, but as a team they're better than Florida.

#28     Dec 3, 2006
  9. what are you comparing Norte Dame with Western Carolina for?
    Michigan's toughest opponent with Florida's weakest, where is the sense in that?

And yes Big ten is a joke with 3 quality teams out of 11.

Ohio State (1) 8-0 12-0
    Wisconsin (6) 7-1 11-1
    Michigan (3) 7-1 11-1
    Penn State 5-3 8-4
    Purdue 5-3 8-5
    Minnesota 3-5 6-6
    Indiana 3-5 5-7
    Iowa 2-6 6-6
    Northwestern 2-6 4-8
    Michigan State 1-7 4-8
    Illinois 1-7 2-10

Arkansas is playing Wisconsin that should clear things up on how good the big 10 is beyond Ohio and Michigan

#29     Dec 3, 2006
  10. Michigan played the 13th toughest schedule in the country. Florida played the 19th.

Florida might have played a stronger conference schedule, but Michigan played a stronger non-conference schedule. Florida should be ashamed of itself for scheduling Western Carolina. Michigan played Notre Dame in South Bend for a non-conference game and destroyed them.

Michigan was clearly hurt not by its schedule, but by the fact that the Big Ten doesn't play a championship game (if course, the OSU-Mich game was the de facto championship game).

Perhaps the Big Ten will add another team, split the conference into two, and play a championship game. At least in that way, the SEC has an advantage.

#30     Dec 3, 2006