Florida Or Michigan?? Poll

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Copernicus, Dec 2, 2006.

#2?

1. Florida

33 vote(s)
    55.0%
  2. Michigan

27 vote(s)
    45.0%
  1. Not only that Spydey but Florida's single point "victory" over South Carolina was as flukey as they get. The Gamecocks completed a pass to the UF 11 with less than a half minute left only to have the play nullified by a motion penalty on the line. The ensuing FG was then blocked.

#11     Dec 3, 2006

2. South Carolina is a 2 loss team at worst if they play in the Big 10... But guess what, so is Tennessee, Alabama and Georgia..

All of these teams would be ranked in top 15 if they played in the Big 10.

Michigan - Balll State 34:26 at home, hmm...

Ball St. Cardinals, 5-7 (5-3), 3rd Mid-American - West
    Losses to North Dakota State,Northern Illinois,Central Michigan,Western Michigan

When Florida plays pikers like that, we end up with 42:0, versus UCF

#12     Dec 3, 2006
  3. Why not....what the heck. Boise St!

#13     Dec 3, 2006
  4. As a buckeyes fan, I say Florida for the sake of a different game in the championship. I love the Michiga/OSU rivalry, but they lost and another team deserves the chance in my opinion.

And after watching ESPN for the last week, I am guessing that the voters would like to see another team besides Michigan. Not saying that is fair, but that is the beauty of the college football system.

#14     Dec 3, 2006
  5. WarEagle

WarEagle Moderator

It should be Florida, but as an Auburn fan I am hoping they get left out only for the purpose of an eventual end to the BcS. AU fans hate the system with a passion thanks to 2004 and we need more SEC fan bases in an uproar so our nut-less commissioner Mike Slive will grow some and try and end this ridiculous mess.

Until enough teams get shafted where their fans convince their university presidents to speak up we will get more of the same. There is a reason its called MNC (mythical national champion) and until there is some form of a playoff there will always be someone getting screwed.

#15     Dec 3, 2006
  6. Eagle - unfortunately b/c of the $$$$ involved in bowl games, I doubt we will see a playoff anytime soon.

#16     Dec 3, 2006
  7. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

I agree ... no brainer .. but Michigan gets the nod. The "weak" Florida wins over FSU (by 7), over South Carolina (by 1) and over Vandy (by 6) are not at all impressive. And Alabama had a bad 2-6 SEC record, so that win isn't overwhelming. Michigan showed they can play with Ohio State. The Ball St. game was the only weak one IMO for Michigan.

#17     Dec 3, 2006
  8. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

You have no idea what you're talking about. I live in SC and Spurrier's season was so-so.

Alabama loses 2 in the Big 10? I guess they'd only play 3 conference games to achieve that W-L record.

I spent 2/3 of my life in Ohio & Michigan and the last 8 years in SC. I'll take Big 10 football over the SEC any day. Having to watch SEC games has been one downer since moving here.

#18     Dec 3, 2006
  9. So you are going to push for Michigan on basis of their loss?
    thats hillarious...

Any quality wins you want to talk about?

thats right there arent any.. Wisconsin and Notre Dame, dont think so..

#19     Dec 3, 2006
  10. When most teams are evenly matched up, SEC, and games are close sure... if you are not a fan of a certain team in the SEC you might want to watch the higher scoring games when Ohio State and Michigan are putting up 30+ every game beating up on the rest of the weak conference..

As for Alabama, yes its probably a stretch this year, but new coach should have them up to old standards.

#20     Dec 3, 2006