Florida is a mecca for traders, why taxfree Bahamas (50 miles away) is not?

Discussion in 'Taxes and Accounting' started by CSEtrader, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Handle123

Handle123

more like the most mentally challenged, as I been getting older, just feeling "is this all there is"? Keep adding new goals to keep busy, but what is the point? Had three brain surgeries/procedures in 2010, was making progress of getting back of who I was, but last two years, I just don't notice that I digress from one thought pattern into something totally different. I have to manually trade new system for 3 months before it goes for programming, and in trading I make so many mental mistakes and yet outcomes are profitable almost all of the time. THAT was why I had to go into automation, I was told in 2010 I be losing more memory..... Wish I could forget my first 43 years. I enjoyed life much more before I became profitable, everyone has those dreams of hope....I still learn new things, but now have to write it down as 2 minutes from now I won't remember...what was your name? LOL at least I can still laugh for now. No coal for you,... vanzandt

#71     Jun 15, 2018
    CSEtrader likes this.
  2. CSEtrader

CSEtrader

Returning to the topic of this thread, I met in the thread "millions made...." here above, the interesting video posted by CaptainObvious. And this is another reason why to come to the Bahamas - to save your children and yourself from phone addictions, the fishing and waves are more entertaining then devices, still be for many.
    And in restaurants and on family gathering you can rarely see someone using the device and not participate to the union

#72     Jun 16, 2018

3. ROFL.....this is funniest piece I have read in a long time!!!!

#73     Jun 16, 2018
  4. I know canadians with a criminal record who cannot enter usa. They have a house on the islands. However, he can apply for a pardon or some kind of waiver to enter...

#74     Jun 16, 2018
  5. piezoe

piezoe

If you like where you're at, chances are good you will like where you are going, and vice versa..

#75     Jun 26, 2018
    _eug_, Xela, vanzandt and 1 other person like this.
  6. CSEtrader

CSEtrader

True, we are ready to go - kids are grown and demanding new paces.. but I have a deep love for this place, will never break connections and possibly keep the main residence... that's why would like more enlightened people came here, who will know to appreciate and enjoy the magic of this place ...

Джаузбич10072017_HDR.jpg

#76     Jun 26, 2018
    comagnum and Xela like this.
  7. sss12

sss12

Looks like a thousand locals on USA mainland. Nice, but no big deal.

#77     Jun 26, 2018
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

So you just answered your own question. If you have a family in the long run they might not appreciate the quiet island life as much as you do. And the reason why you started this thread is because you are craving for more friends and people with the same economic status like you. That is the reason why Americans aren't moving there. People like their friends and family nearby, not a flight away.

And imagine if they did? That would just drive up prices, would make life more similar than on the American mainland, so be happy that your island life is secluded and undiscovered. But as you realized, there is a price for that too....

#78     Jul 7, 2018
    CSEtrader likes this.
  9. CSEtrader

CSEtrader

True ..... But was at least one. This dream which attracted so many, one of the first dreamers was Ernst Hemingway, lived and came fishing here on Bimini island
    Thank you, but I don't think I am craving for more friends - sincerely the time is so limited. Maybe when the children will leave home instead of so many books and a few dear humans I will crave for more humans.. who knows... It never happened before, but mai dire mai (from Italien - never say never). And there is a huge difference for me between friend and acquaintance to spent time. A friend is a gift, rare like love, a treasure not limited by geographical location. I often heard even from my children that my expectations of humans are too high.. well, that's me and I feel comfortable to be this way, someone is here to forgive everyone, someone is to be sword.. we all carry our special mission in this life
    This thread I started out of curiosity why instead of Florida the Elite traders are not choosing the Bahamas. Your friends are 30 minutes away - because if you are really elite and successful you can private jet at any moment, and you are taxfree and can go to the concerts, museums, flying in less time then you will be spent in traffic ...
    But you will be taxfree.
    Your statement is true for the persons who were born and lived for most of life in the same place. But my question is addressed to modern nomads, to those who are having friends in different parts of the world and constantly moving. To those whom best friend is a book, and loving partner and a child.
    And what is the problem if prices will grow up? The crowd is banned from coming here because of high entry price. And if more avatars will arrive and the price will grow it will benefit the local economy and hopefully, help to ease the local poverty struggle? The Genuity of Bahamian people is largely outcome their wickedness, it still has a family value, open hearts here.. but the money struggle for many is a tag barrier.
    And if more successful people would come here - the elites of any profession then it would be almost idealistic exchange.. In my view, successful traders are skilled and spiritual (even if they calling it in any way, they are having open dialog with the Higher Self) and once you are smart enough to outperform on the market, you most likely would not love to pay taxes pre-ordered by government, you would prefer to make charities. So why not to establish your permanent residency here? And many answers are coming, eliminating the few born from kind of ire and maybe envy, many others make me think and understand different views, thanks to all contributors.
    And still, I am wondered why not, for successful traders to be here? As well for other successful professionals who are not limited to be in a certain place daily? Yes, children will arrive in the day when they need and must go to the world, dive into the many faces in a big city but then will come a period of life when everything will be enough and you would like just peace.. so if you are in position and having possibilities why not?
    Maybe it is preparing to my own farewell to this place because in next years with teenage grown kids we will spend more time out of this island..maybe out of my gratitude to this place where I've seen my kids grow in absolute freedom and out of stress, with the beauty of sunsets on the ocean, with the wisdom of no rush way to live, so now it is my wish to attract here more of bright individuals who will help the beautiful locals to rise financially but not destroying their culture, instead supporting it? There are so many undiscovered places on family islands, so many peace and paradise to be built.
    "The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets. "
    - Will Rogers
    Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/will_rogers

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
    #79     Jul 8, 2018
    Xela likes this.
  10. Cool, but not sure how anyone with US passport can be tax free unless removing US citizenship and taking on another counties passport and citizenship. US requires citizens to report worldwide income.

#80     Jul 8, 2018
    CSEtrader likes this.