Florida is a mecca for traders, why taxfree Bahamas (50 miles away) is not?

Discussion in 'Taxes and Accounting' started by CSEtrader, Jun 9, 2018.

1. srinir

srinir

Till recently, I thought Handle123 was a bot which backtested every future market from 1900's using monthly charts known to mankind, but trades ES based on micro second chart averaging down

#31     Jun 10, 2018
  2. RRY16

RRY16

Bernie Madoff of the Paper Trade/Sim World.

#32     Jun 10, 2018
    CSEtrader, srinir, sle and 1 other person like this.
  3. vanzandt

vanzandt

Untitled.png

#33     Jun 10, 2018
    Lou Friedman and CSEtrader like this.
  4. sss12

sss12

After hearing all your tales of woe.....why are you still there ?

#34     Jun 10, 2018
    elitenapper and d08 like this.
  5. d08

d08

There are generators for both apartment and houses. There's also satellite internet and mobile internet with backup generators. Far from ideal but it works.

We shouldn't assume these storms are horrific every year.

#35     Jun 10, 2018
    CSEtrader likes this.
  6. CSEtrader

CSEtrader

We, specially I, love it here. I feel deep gratitude towards so many simple people who supported us, give us love and solidarity .
    I don't think ever to breack my connection with those beautiful 700 islands and its inhabitants. Have you ever visited here? Do yiy believe in Atlantis?
    Yes, our trouble would never happened in USA or any regulated and financially advanced enviorement. We did not choose it but once it happened it means we probably are called to help to make some order.

#36     Jun 10, 2018
  7. sss12

sss12

Well then, live with the trade offs and stop bitchin'. My perm residence is in an realitively urban area...top resturants, etc. But I also do some off grid stuff, do I expect to have the same resturants, conveniences ? absolutely not.

#37     Jun 10, 2018
  8. sss12

sss12

Also...in this still over regulated environment, if your overall story/complaint had any substance multiple regulatory agencies would be champing at the bit to hear this. Why is that not happening ? Because your story is missing key components and is mostly BS. IF NOT,GO GET A LAWYER. There are so many that would rep you against UBS..FBswiss..or any one else .

#38     Jun 10, 2018
    elitenapper and d08 like this.
  9. Sig

Sig

As someone who's spent a good deal of time in the Caribbean there's some massive misconceptions here.
    1. The Bahamas are so close to Miami that you can see Bimini from the time you take off from the Miami airport. Literally, closer to go almost anywhere in the Bahamas from Miami than to Jacksonville from Miami. Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands and Miami are all 1000 miles away from Miami, a 3 hour flight. It makes as much sense to compare living there to the Bahamas in a discussion about being close to Miami as it would to suggest living in Boston or Oklahoma City!
    2. The Bahamas are a series of islands. Freeport and Nassau happen to be crime ridden and not very nice. They are 2 out of the 30 inhabited islands in the Bahamas and not at all representative of the rest of the country. If you've formed your opinion of the entire Bahamas based on an experience in either of those two places, you're doing the equivalent of assuming Seneca Falls, NY is the same as a bad neighborhood in the Bronx, because they're both in NY right?
    3. Statistically you're far safer from hurricanes in the Bahamas than in wide swaths of the gulf coast of the U.S. See point 1 above, Miami is at the same elevation or lower (there are actually some small hills in much of the out islands, not so much South Florida) and essentially in the same spot as the Bahamas. And has already been pointed out, there are inventions like generators and solar panels that can provide power absent the grid and it takes no time to restore internet after a storm if it goes down at all.

All to point out that the OP asked why not the Bahamas vice Miami, so riffs on Puerto Rico and hurricanes and crime don't make a lot of sense in that context.

#39     Jun 11, 2018
    CSEtrader and ryker like this.
  10. CSEtrader

CSEtrader

Thank you, Sig. And again - the island people, the warmness, the kindness, they teaching us everyday to not rush, to let it go and smile, we are just drops in the ocean, dancing on the Earth for a moment, which we are calling life.

#40     Jun 11, 2018