Florida is a mecca for traders, why taxfree Bahamas (50 miles away) is not?

Discussion in 'Taxes and Accounting' started by CSEtrader, Jun 9, 2018.

1. CSEtrader

CSEtrader

Very interesting and nice to discover an opposite view. yes, we came here altogether, with little children and got dogs, cats, ponies here, lol! And big human sharks in the corrupted system.

#11     Jun 9, 2018
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Why on God's green earth would you move to the islands with kids? The public schools down there are abysmal and the private ones are insanely expensive. Are you running from the law? Honest question. It seems that what the islands attract, people running away from their problems. I bet they make great neighbors.

#12     Jun 9, 2018
    CSEtrader likes this.
  3. CSEtrader

CSEtrader

You certainly is wiser then us. We were shocked and surprised by luck of romantic peers here, we thought everyone would just come here with the same motivatioñ as ours, from my books mentioned here above.
    You are right that public schools need great improvement but private are cheaper and somebody moved from NYC for get school at half price, among others. For us it was important moving in order to decide to homeschooled kids, unschoolung movement. We hoped this place is filled with gypsies in the hearts.

#13     Jun 9, 2018
  4. vanzandt

vanzandt

Its great for ponies.

#14     Jun 9, 2018
    CSEtrader likes this.
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

Gypsies? LOL. The islands have the greatest concentration of thieves in the world. You should have moved to Costa Rica. A 100 times better.

#15     Jun 9, 2018
  6. sle

sle

If you are an American citizen, Puerto Rico is a better deal - you don’t have to pay any Federal tax on the trading income if you live there 6 month a year or more. I briefly considered it, but it’s a massive lifestyle shift and some of the factors that @Maverick74 mentioned are also very real.

#16     Jun 9, 2018
    TZT and CSEtrader like this.
  7. CSEtrader

CSEtrader

No, Costa Rica certainly has more crime and no good internet connection is there. It has beutiful food, people, flora and fauna, but just to walk with little kids we never were frientgended here, while in Costa Rica I fell save only inside of hotel. Here you can live your car open and nothing will disappear and in family islands people still living with doors without lokcs.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
    #17     Jun 9, 2018
  8. CSEtrader

CSEtrader

No, for Arabs, it is hot for ponies here.

#18     Jun 9, 2018
  9. CSEtrader

CSEtrader

Thank you, good to know.

#19     Jun 9, 2018
  10. dealmaker

dealmaker

Forex billionaire Joe Lewis lives and operates his Tavistock Group out of Bahamas and hedge fund billionaire Louis Bacon ( Lyford Cay) and well known hedgie Kyle Bass also have homes there.

http://www.tavistock.com/

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2015/12/peter-nygard-louis-bacon-legal-battle-bahamas

#20     Jun 10, 2018
    CSEtrader likes this.