Florida high school under lockdown after reports of shooter, victims, police say

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tsing Tao, Feb 14, 2018.

1. That old chestnut? If the "big bad government" wants to get you, do you think your guns are going to slow them down for more than one minute?

#61     Feb 15, 2018
  2. And guns. Don't forget guns. Lots and lots of guns.

#62     Feb 15, 2018
  3. The elephant you might be referring to usually does stink. That is why I’m not married to it.

However, please be more specific so I can be sure I understand what you are saying.

#63     Feb 15, 2018
  4. Poindexter

Poindexter

The definition of insanity, Mr. Frederick, is "a late 50-something internet lurking fag hag from Canada" (credit to Mr. Tsing for that brilliant observation) obsessively posting about American politics, the latest example of which is here, trying to use a mass shooting to his advantage in order to push his irrelevant views on gun control.

#63     Feb 15, 2018
    Arnie and Tom B like this.
  5. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Guns are very useful for stopping the local thugs that members of the government send over to your house. Ask the blacks in the U.S. South about this from 1900 to 1970.

#64     Feb 15, 2018
  6. Lets look who started the thread and the forum he chose for it. Oh, and love the ad hominem, it means that you're affected.

#65     Feb 15, 2018
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Ask yourself why hospitals, or airports, or any other place where there is armed security are never targeted by maniacs with guns to kill helpless people. Because they have guards and their own police. Cowards with guns are afraid of good guys with guns.

#66     Feb 15, 2018
  8. Why can Canadian and European kids who watch the same TV/media handle it and a significant % of US kids cannot?

There has been a school shooting on average every 60 hours in the US in 2018 and it is halfway through February.

Yes there are answers and there are fixes. People who say there is no solution are useless, they just want attention.

Mental heath is the US is a serious problem. (that can be helped).

#67     Feb 15, 2018
  9. So you want to live in a society where everyone is armed rather than no one. Students, teachers, doctors, mailmen, nurses. While far from perfect, I am so very glad to be living in Canada.

#68     Feb 15, 2018
  10. I would guess this idea might work very well.

Basically people buy guns for self-protection.

All powerful guns that could be potentially used for mass killing must be locked up in special cabinets inside guns shops.

Any inquiry wanting to inspect any powerful guns stored inside locked-up cabinets must produce ID and relevant documents for photocopying first before opening the cabinets.

These photocopied ID records must be electronically sent immediately to several relevant authorities for justification and checking definitely before the guns are sold and carried beyond outside the shop.

Problematic or doubtful validity for clearing background check would require the gun customer to come back later for picking the sold guns after receiving phone call. Or otherwise, getting refund.

Just 2 cents!

#69     Feb 15, 2018
    Slartibartfast likes this.
  11. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I think everyone here is glad you are living in Canada. But that being said, unless you address the root cause behind why teens like this go insane and start killing people, merely putting laws in place to stop legal carriers of firearms won't do a damned thing. There are just too many weapons on the street.

#70     Feb 15, 2018