Florida high school under lockdown after reports of shooter, victims, police say

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tsing Tao, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Bam! :D

#51     Feb 15, 2018
    Slartibartfast likes this.
  2. Actually, I do not support the death penalty to those who oppose my viewpoints. Should they be sucessful in taking my rights away, I become much more open-minded.

Please excuse me if I use the term “second amendment constitutional rights” than “gun supporters” in my following response: I don’t know what second amendment constitutional supporters think, therefore I don’t know how similar their views might be to mine.

#52     Feb 15, 2018
  3. Yeah, sure, there was none of that 20 years ago. o_O

I agree that those things don't help. I also think you are ignoring the big, stinking elephant in the room.

#53     Feb 15, 2018
  4. schweiz

schweiz

Then we can accept that people can have nuclear weapons too. How crazy can it be? Where is the border between reasonable rules and insanity? That border got completely lost in the US.

I know this can sound rude but: 18 shootings in schools in six weeks. Are we going for a new record of shootings in 2018? There is no country anywhere with so many shootings. The US takes the first place worldwide. But believe me: nobody envies this first place.
    Do we need to kill so many innocent students to give "freedom" and "the right to protect yourself"?
    NRA will call these shootings probably: inevitable collateral damage.

PM:there are a mutiple of deathly victims from guns then victims from drunk drivers. And gunners aim to kill, drunk drivers have no intention to kill. A huge difference to me.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
    #54     Feb 15, 2018
    exGOPer and Frederick Foresight like this.
  5. No. Not an NRA member. Not yet, anyway. If I do join them, I will go big and be one of their “premium” or whatever designation they may have for a big contributor. I assume I don’t need to be a gun owner for me to join them.

#55     Feb 15, 2018
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Worse. But it would have gotten worse regardless of the "good guy with a gun" policy. It has to do with mental health, poor parenting, inequality and a whole host of things.

#56     Feb 15, 2018
  7. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Yes, the definition of insanity is taking guns away from law-abiding citizens. Just ask the Jews in Germany in the 30s, or the non-Russian minorities under Stalin how the taking of guns relates to insanity.

#57     Feb 15, 2018
  8. elderado

elderado

So while you go on with the tired old Jimmy Kimmel arguments, why not take a walk on the wild side and evaluate this man for who he was. Did you see that he was adopted, his adoptive father died 10 years ago, and his adoptive mother just died, at age 68? That's grandma age. Why were he and his brother adopted by old people? There is no excuse for his behavior, but you've got to ask what was going on at home since this man was a known problem for many, many years and the school district was completely aware of him and his behavior.

#58     Feb 15, 2018
  9. If I am understanding you correctly, you are proposing to eliminate all motor vehicles and alcohol?

If so, that is true commitment to your point of view!

#59     Feb 15, 2018
    Optionpro007 likes this.
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Excellent post. But a buy back on A/Rs will simply not work. There are too many of them on the street. Oh, sure. You might get some folks turning in old guns for money desperately needed.

#60     Feb 15, 2018