Florida high school under lockdown after reports of shooter, victims, police say

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tsing Tao, Feb 14, 2018.

1. UsualName

UsualName

2. "Personally, I would be willing sacrifice about half of this country’s population to keep the second amendment as it is, even though I have never owned a gun."

How about just your life?

#13     Feb 14, 2018
    Frederick Foresight likes this.
  3. In the midst of a deadly school shooting in Parkland, Florida, InfoWars host Alex Jones tweeted two close-up photos of a gun etched with epithets about “snowflakes,” “unicorns” and “libturds.” It was accompanied only by a heart-eyes emoji.

upload_2018-2-15_7-46-11.png

upload_2018-2-15_7-47-15.png

#14     Feb 15, 2018
  4. Kimmel writer quotes every GOP lawmaker’s post-Florida ‘thoughts and prayers’ tweet — and how much money they took from the NRA

As Republicans begin heaping “thoughts and prayers” on the families of the 17-plus people killed in Wednesday’s deadly shooting at a high school outside Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, a writer for Jimmy Kimmel Live! made sure to note how much each had taken from the National Rifle Association.

“Heartbreaking news out of Florida,” Sen. Rob Portman (R-OH) tweeted. “Jane and I send our prayers to the school, the community, and the victims of this tragedy.”

upload_2018-2-15_8-6-24.png

#15     Feb 15, 2018
  5. I’ll get back to you on that one in about fifty years! You might want to consider there may be a connection between keeping the first amendment intact and the second amendment. These “inalienable” rights should be defended, even when there are some that abuse them.

Image if the first amendment were modified such that “Only Government approved disent is allowed.”. The U.S. media and the Democratic party would be a small shell of what they are now.

History says many Americans died to have the right of self-determination rather than being governed by a repressive regime. The U.S. Constitution reflects this.

“Any society that is willing to trade a little freedom for a little security deserves neither and will lose both.” - famous quote.

#16     Feb 15, 2018
  6. UsualName

UsualName

I see. You’re saying when this kid was shooting up teenagers he was actually protecting the first amendment.

You might want to think about that one a little more.

#nraamericancarnage

#17     Feb 15, 2018
  7. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

It is horrific. It should not be politicized unless the shooter is a Dreamer.

#18     Feb 15, 2018
  8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Triggered, again. Obsessed with posting insults to people he supposedly has on ignore so he can hide behind the veil of silence. Talk about a coward.

#19     Feb 15, 2018
    Arnie likes this.
  9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Absolutely correct. If this mentally disturbed kid had wanted to he could have driven his car into a crowd. Liberals love things like "school zone - drug free" signs and the like, but criminals don't care about your stupid signs. Criminals with guns go for places they know they won't have to face someone with a gun. If this kid had tried to shoot up a mall in Florida, he'd have been gunned down in no time. But schools are "gun free zones". If the teachers had been allowed to carry, this Cruz fellow wouldn't have been able to kill as many as he could.

As I have said probably a dozen times, I'd love to give up all firearms tomorrow. I'd voluntarily do so with a smile on my face - as long as someone was able to assure me all firearms would be confiscated from criminals. But since there is absolutely no way to assure this would happen, I am against giving up my only defense.

Remember, when you have only seconds, the cops are minutes away.

#20     Feb 15, 2018