Florida GOP governor working with Trump to import cheaper drugs from Canada

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by srinir, Feb 24, 2019.

1. srinir

srinir

https://thehill.com/policy/healthca...ith-trump-to-import-cheaper-drugs-from-canada

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) on Wednesday proposed importing cheaper prescription drugs from Canada into the state and said that President Trump had given his support to the idea.

The announcement from DeSantis at a press conference Wednesday represents a potentially major step in bringing down the cost of drugs and one usually associated with Democrats.

Significantly, given that state action would require federal approval to take effect under a 2003 law, DeSantis said he had personally spoken to Trump over the weekend and that Trump said his administration would approve the move.

β€œI want you to know I spoke personally to President Trump on both Sunday and Monday about this,” DeSantis said. β€œHe's not only supportive, he's enthusiastic, and he wanted me to tell all of you here today that he supports what we're doing and he will take the necessary executive actions to make sure that we can act under this 2003 law.”

Vermont last year passed a bill to allow drug importation but did not receive the necessary federal approval. That could change with the move from DeSantis, who has been an ally of Trump both in his previous role in Congress and now as governor, after being elected in November.

2. RedDuke

RedDuke

If this happens, it will be one of the very few good things Trump accomplished.

3. Yeah, that and record low unemployment, historically high stock market. Lowered taxes. 3.9 million off food stamps. Median income $61k. Almost completely destroyed ISIS...

But yeah...this cheaper drugs from Canada is right up there with those.

4. RedDuke

RedDuke

1) record low unemployment - inherited, under Clinton would have been similar
    2) historically high stock market - same as 1 (let's all hope it won't crush)
    3) Lowered taxes - yeah right, tell it to people filing now, and even this is temp, going much higher, but deductions are gone for good.
    4) income and foodstamps - same as 1.
    5) Yes, this is one of the few I meant as well

5. 1) no, unemployment would've gone up under Clinton. She had a plan to bring in 550% more refugees than Obama wanted. Those caravans coming from el Salvador...she would've opened the borders so fast for them. No way bringing in all that unskilled labor would've helped lower unemployment.
    2) Im going to disagree with this. The Dow would probably still be around 18k as the tax cuts were responsible, in part for the rapid increase in the stock market.
    3) Tax returns are smaller, but only because of the new rules where the IRS doesn't take as much out of their paycheck so of course if you don't overpay as much, you get less back.
    4) Bringing in large unskilled poor people from other countries says income and foodstamps would go higher, so you're wrong about this one too.
    5)Glad you finally agree with one!

:cool:

6. Dude, you are getting brainwashed by the MSM.

Hussein Obama did nothing for the country except creating instability in the middle east, resulting in Islamisation, Muslim migration/refugees, ISIS, etc. The economy was going down when he passed to Trump. Racial tension was high. Huge pile of debt.

What a shame taking credits of other's achievements.

7. RedDuke

RedDuke

Wow, my thoughts exactly about being brainwashed. You Trump cultists just amaze me.

Obama inherited huge mess from GWB with 1 trillion in deficits and great recession, 8 years later deficit was halved. You beloved leader inherited a strong and robust economy, and what does he do, he doubled deficit and passed total f..up tax cuts.

srinir likes this.