Floored

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Sanaz3, May 17, 2010.

1. "The market is a whore. It's here to fuck as many people as it can. That's its job..."

"And I swear to God that 99% still don't get it, when you win you start betting less... BET MORE."

Overall this is a good entertainment and definitely a lesson on Darwinism.

#11     May 18, 2010
  2. Yeah that guy seemed like he had some good stories.

_______

Would have liked more personal stories in general actually. I am sure they are all interesting.

And haha, def. some more with drunk guy. True trader there, when you are up bet more. I like his style. It seemed to work for him at the time anyway I suppose.

#12     May 18, 2010

3. the market worked fine on May 6, 2010. It's peoples failure to recognize that which is the EPIC FAIL.:cool:

#13     May 18, 2010
  4. JPope

JPope

I saw maybe twenty minutes and had to turn it off. I know some traders really are boozehounds and gambling addicts, and I know a trader bankrolled the production of this film, but I can't help but get irritated by the constant gravitation toward that depiction of this industry as a whole...

#14     May 18, 2010
  5. I think Marty Schwartz's book, Pit Bull, would make a good movie. It was a great read.

#15     May 18, 2010
  6. Specterx

Specterx

I'd imagine he blew out his account, or had some kind of a psych breakdown.

#16     May 18, 2010
  7. He probably had to run to the john and sniff his $10 line of coke.

#17     May 18, 2010
  8. Playing golf in snow ... hahahah!

#18     May 18, 2010
  9. I thought it was a great film, not what I expected though.

Every single pit trader in that film was a degenerate gambler. Go to your local poker room and talk to some of the people in there. Exactly the same breed.

Hell, they even have the same arguments. Talk to old poker hounds, and they will say "Kids these days with their computers, just clicking mouse buttons, they are ruining the game, that's not poker!"

#19     May 18, 2010
  10. Not sure if you can catch the difference if you are watching ninja trader all day, but this is all about FUTURES.

Equities are not mentioned ONCE.

FYI, this documentary sucked. I saw it at the premiere in ny.

There is another one out that follows guys at the NYBOT, called The Pit.

It looks a lot better, but I haven't seen it yet.

http://www.thepitmovie.com/

#20     May 18, 2010