Floored

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by psytrade, Jan 15, 2010.

1. you had to memorize? my god did you make it to college?

#21     Jan 17, 2010

2. as opposed to what?

I was in the 8th grade........ What was I going to do? Long division in my head while I'm watching trades?! Or wait....a calculator? Yeah I walked around with one in my pocket 24/7.

#22     Jan 17, 2010
  3. I saw the premier and there was a Q & A session afterwards. Someone asked the director if he felt sorry for the subjects of his film. He just shrugged and said, "I've had alot of people ask me if I made this movie the way I did because I felt sorry for these guys. I honestly never felt sympathy during the whole process of making this film. If it seems that way when you are watching it, it is because these characters are eluding sympathy from the audience."

#23     Jan 18, 2010
  4. bought it a few days ago for like 35 bucks. cant wait to see it. I always wanted to trade on the floor, and now its a dead pipe dream.

#24     Jan 19, 2010
  5. Totantaz

Totantaz

Just a head's up

you can buy the international version of floored on the babelgum with a paypal account

i liked it, wished it was a bit longer

cheers,

Totantaz

#25     May 12, 2010
  6. southall

southall

#26     May 16, 2010
  7. Don't tell me this was out for one week only in nyc :(

#27     May 16, 2010
  8. Episode 6... Guy ranting how computers are evil... I feel for him getting pushed off the floor, but some people just can't face reality.

#28     May 16, 2010
  9. As if the guys on here aren't just alcoholics or worse....

There were only a few people of interest in the movie... the rest are like coffee shop nut cases or the equivalent of call center propagandists.

It's like they took away the free bananas at the zoo and these Monkey's can't figure out how to farm.

What's with the Spike Trading loser - serious existential issues.....

And never having been to Chicago.... does everyone chomp on Cigars constantly?

#29     May 16, 2010
  10. I look back with longing eyes at the WTC (World Trade Center) of that movie, and cry, because of what happened nine years ago (Sept 11, 2001).

Those days are long gone, and even then, they didn't exist. I knew quite a few well heeled traders, women, men, foreigners, educated, very educated and high-schooled. So many fell into the (huge) gap of low performance without dipping into questionable waters of trading. Some actually gained an edge.

At the same time, over in the Chicago pits were a very highly skilled card counter named Bob. Big Bob now runs one of the most honest prop firms in Vegas, let alone in the industry.

Either way, the movie Floored played at the The Quad Cinema on 13th st in NYC not to long ago. Needless to say, it was highly disappointing. It really showed what the geeks have done to their former employers, namely turned the tables on them and left them without a prayer....

so, what are your thoughts no the movie?

#30     May 16, 2010