( floor )- Traders' cries silenced-

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by SethArb, Mar 25, 2007.

1. Only those who were leasing seats are negatively impacted.

The CME and BOT IPO's were a boon.

Full CBOT members are sitting on 6 mil in stock.

Even bond seats (AM's) are worth 2mil in shares.

A nice severance.......

#11     Mar 26, 2007
  2. erToo

erToo

3. #13     Mar 26, 2007
  4. Opening up a Culver's is a smart move for him.

I've checked into Culver's myself. Out of all the franchises I've checked into, they are one of the more strict, require the most liquidity, and better run some of the best operations I've ever seen.

#14     Mar 26, 2007
  5. erToo

erToo

#15     Mar 26, 2007
  6. #16     Mar 26, 2007
  7. Jaxon

Jaxon

Thanks for posting the links to all those pics. That is amazing to see where Tom Baldwin is spending his time these days. He ruled the bond pit when I started trading almost 25 years ago. I see he uses 5 screens... I guess I will need to get 4 more!

#17     Mar 26, 2007
  8. What is the deal don't people understand what they are losing hear. I would love to be able to scream my lungs out in those pits but considering my age I more than likely never will get the chance. When I went down to the cbot and watched the grain pits all day it was the coolest thing I have ever seen. Much better than watching a computer in an office all day. This is a piece of american history.

KEEP THE PITS

#18     Mar 26, 2007
  9. Sorry, Young, but you missed your chance.

My husband used to be a floor trader on the CBOE, but those days are at an end. And that's in the multi-price world of options. In the single-price world of futures, things are headed electronic even faster. It is a Chicago heritage that is heading the way of the dodo, which is why my husband got into it when he did. If you have aspirations to be a trader today, then you'd better enjoy staring at a screen.

Truth be told, you're better off, fighting your way into a trading pit and being surrounded by belligerent, obnoxious men all day is no way to live your life.

#19     Mar 26, 2007