"Floor Trader" trading system

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Maverick74, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Arnie

Arnie

Do any of you old timers remember "Club 3000"?

#11     Jun 5, 2007
  2. KS2007

KS2007

Actually...I've worked with Michael for quite some time now...I signed up to learn how to trade from him a while ago (which was fantastic).
    And I recently put some money into an account to be traded by the MX2trading system that he developed. It has actually been great. I started with 50K and solid returns so far. My account is up about 16% for the month.
    He's really not a scammer...Man, Elitetrader is just so cynical hah...but I can understand why

#12     Jun 5, 2007
  3. KS2007

KS2007

Sorry let me clarify...I opened the account in early may (about a week in) and earned 16% for (three weeks of) may. June just started so no figures yet.

#13     Jun 5, 2007
  4. I met Michael at a futures expo last year. I agree that he's a nice guy and probably sincere.

I'm not big (in fact I'm anti) on mechanical systems for short term trading but I do think his stuff is a step above much of what's out there.

16% in a month??!!

What kind of position sizing?

#14     Jun 5, 2007
  5. KS2007

KS2007

Roughly 6,500 margin per contract. If by mechanical you mean, based on technical indicators...it is NOT! Siegel preaches vehemently against technicals.

#15     Jun 5, 2007
  6. ... brings back old memories where Turtles first came out of hiding and Tradestation 4.0 ruled....

It's funny how we all go through a very similar learning curve regardless of the time...

#16     Jun 5, 2007
  7. Did I say technicals? :p

I said mechanical.

Rules based.

Automated.

p.s. I'm in no manner commenting on or against the merits of this system. I'd imagine Michael knows markets better and longer than 90% of the developers out there........

#17     Jun 5, 2007
  8. :)

Very interesting...

Another form of changing "market(ing)"... :p

A question: "Are floor experiences that significant?"

Or should I ask the clerk next to me?

#18     Jun 5, 2007
  9. KS2007

KS2007

oh the cynicism

#19     Jun 5, 2007
  10. erToo

erToo

Yea. They called it club 3000 because all the systems for sale seemed to be priced at $3000. Back before forums. What ever happened to Rick Ratchford?

#20     Jun 5, 2007