"Flipped In Florida" - For Sale Sign On Almost Every Other Home

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ByLoSellHi, Mar 26, 2007.

1. jem

jem

I am a realtor, a lawyer in florida (a damn good trader lately) and a citizen who attended the local meetings where the municipality was setting the millage rate. I also helped some people as a lawyer get the taxes adjusted.

Unless everything i was taught is incorrect, what i stated above is correct.

You are either homesteaded, eligble for small exemptions for the disabled or you pay the same rate as everyone else. There is a formula that municipalities have to follow to set you tax rate. "it is not whatever they want."

#11     Mar 26, 2007
  2. ElCubano

ElCubano

F**kin Racist....:D

#12     Mar 26, 2007
  3. jem

jem

I read the link to the real estate article in FL today.

Can you believe some asshole democrat had the balls to call this a tax cut for the wealthy?

Pabst anytime you see anything on this subject would mind sending me a linc. I have to make a one more big decision and the only thing from cashing in my last house is the potential tax cut.

#13     Mar 26, 2007
  4. I have asked this question before. WHy is it smart to overbuild expensive properites in a place where the probability of hurricane destruction seems to be increasing every year? CHrist how many times do we have to have a FEMA disaster down there before we stop wasting money.? WHy not go develop condos in Baghdad ? NO hurricanes there just the risk of collateral mortar fire damage.

#14     Mar 26, 2007
  5. blast19

blast19

If Florida's state information site wasn't a piece of shit I could look. You're arguing very exaggerated semantics anyway...it's not really worth debating that.

Theoretically, any state that is stupid enough to pass laws regarding shooting potential offenders, would be stupid enough to allow municipalities to boost property taxes "as much as they want."

#15     Mar 26, 2007
  6. The formula is 2.5% of assessed value.......

#16     Mar 26, 2007
  7. blast19

blast19

It's not smart at all. I'll buy in Miami, above the 5th floor maybe. :D

But really, Ft. Myers Beach is waiting to be washed away...it's incredible. I'd rather own in Mexico to tell you the truth...less money to buy, 10X nicer beaches, nicer people, less traffic, more culture, etc. etc. etc. Florida is the closest thing to paradise in the US because of the tropical feel...other than that it's pretty much a refuge for those waiting to die and people who are sick of snow during the winter. :D

#17     Mar 26, 2007
  8. blast19

blast19

Link? And that's for non-residents?

#18     Mar 26, 2007
  9. Where on the Gulf or Atlantic coasts are hurricanes not a possibility? The Carolina's were hit hard several times in the late 80's. Long Island was RAVISHED by a Cat3 in 1938. http://www2.sunysuffolk.edu/mandias/38hurricane/

Not to mention the vulnerability of Seattle, the Bay Area and L.A. to earthquakes.

Or if a tornado rumbles through Dallas, ect.

#19     Mar 26, 2007
  10. ElCubano

ElCubano

#20     Mar 26, 2007