Flexible contract size

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by Done 777, Oct 12, 2008.

1. snseeker

snseeker

Oanda I think gives you the best options. Some people have had problems with connections I don't know. I use a T-1 line and have had no problems, the computer I use does not do anythng but investments. I use a desktop on a different connection for personal use.

#21     Oct 17, 2008
  2. Fair observation but if you mean by 'doubling down' some sort of martingale then no, I don't use anything like that. Not to say martingale strategies aren't profitable but like every other strategy they need to be used with sensible risk and money management.

Trade size is usually adjusted to allow for scaling-in (averaging) to maintain the same risk which I think is often the better way to enter/exit rather than trying to pinpoint an exact price (especially in this volatile market!). It leaves the market more room to move against trades without uneccessarily being stopped out of what are potentially profitable overall positions, there were some good examples from Friday. All trades have a mandatory (mental) stop-loss so risk is controlled, I got burned too many times when I started out, I agree averaging indefinitely is crazy and never works in the long run, everything needs a stop!

“The market can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent.”
    John Maynard Keynes (1883-1946)

#22     Oct 18, 2008
  3. Ok, obviously went over your head and is maybe a little too advanced for your ability Immortal, never mind :p

#23     Oct 19, 2008
  4. Immortal

Immortal

why do you feel the need to prove yourself to me

didn't we talk about this before :confused:

#24     Oct 19, 2008
  5. Oh just trying to educate you as you seem a little confused....the conclusions you jump to kinda confirms that.

Don't worry not everyone is suited to trading, maybe you could try your hand at something within your capabilities which you're good at, something manual perhaps?

(By the way how's your challenge coming along, or did you give up on that too?)

#25     Oct 19, 2008
  6. Immortal

Immortal

wouldn't it be better if we competed in trading ?????

#26     Oct 19, 2008
  7. Immortal

Immortal

me and a friend visited Cuba recently

here is a funny pic I just sent him

thought I would post it here too :D

• cuba.jpg
      File size:
      164.4 KB
      Views:
    #27     Oct 19, 2008
  8. lol, trading isn't a competition!

But I tell you what, feel free to post your Oanda FXTrade trading blotters any time you like, there's nothing stopping you.

:D

#28     Oct 19, 2008
  9. Immortal

Immortal

I have IB ACCOUNTS notice (s) at the end

did you figure yet what those are for ?

#29     Oct 19, 2008
  10. Umm wild guess, trading I imagine, lol. Why don't you open a live account with real cash though, it's more fun that demo.

Tell me something, you always seem unable to sustain a debate or support your opinion so you change the subject, why is that?

But anyway, no Oanda FXTrade blotters then, fair enough......that's hardly any surprise really.

Have fun doing whatever it is that you do, it's a shame multiple-alias forum trolling doesn't pay because that's obviously your forté!

:D

#30     Oct 19, 2008