Flat Iron Trading ?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by econometrics, Oct 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Do they make money off commission ? something close to $1 for each 1000 shares. Or they don't pass on all ECN liquidity rebates?

2. their payout and leverage seem reasonable, but the commission looks a little high.

3. I been remote with flat iron for a few months now, their payout, commission and leverage seem to be the best I found so far for sterling, the partners there are good guys, they traded in the city for years. Although the sterling platform has been having it's lags and froze up on a few occasions over the past couple weeks, it has ticked me off, but it's obviously on sterling's end as I see everyone has been having freeze ups on the platform over the past couple weeks. Today was fine no problems

4. what did they quote you on commission? trade remote as well.

5. yayt

yayt

What is the process for starting trading there?

6. yayt

yayt

Scalper, I saw your other posts where you also said you trade with world trade securities through an LLC? do you actually trade with flat iron currently?
    not to mention the incident in the trading setup picture thread

7. saico

saico

Flat Iron is a LLC of WTC.

8. yayt

yayt

ah, thank you for clarifying.

Do you know much about them? I guess I'm just very cautious about where to start looking for prop firms.

9. saico

saico

Can't tell you much about them. What I heard and experienced so far made a good impression. I don't like Sterling as their one and only joyce as trading platform. And I didn't hear good things on WTS. I had some email contact with the partners which was very constuctive and helpful.

10. seadog

seadog

Interesting.
    I have sent two emails over a month ago, have not heard anything from them. I am an experienced trader and located in Canada.
    seadog

#10     Oct 21, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.