Flash's Self Improvement Trading Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Flashboy, Jul 30, 2003.

1. Missed my favorite trade there at 11:55 am.

price came back to moving average but didn't quite touch it. was waiting for it to retrace a little more and touch the movg. avg. before looking to get in..

Yesterday I got in before it touched it and got burned..

but today would have been a profitable trade.

Oh well, always another trade..

#111     Aug 14, 2003
  2. I really don't want to post this.. but this is for me to return to for learning purposes so here goes..

Emini

7 trades
    3 winners 2 of these were scratch
    4 losers

Gross Loss = $262.50

Euro

1 winner = $162.50

Total loss for day = $100.00

Don't know where to begin..

Nihabashi if you're reading.. can you tell me whether you would have went long on that hammer at 9:45?? if not.. why not? if yes.. why?? thanks

I don't know why I didn't go long there other than I had this preconceived notion that the market was going down.. that hammer also showed a nice divergence on my stochastics.. got to learn to take every signal..

The 3 sells late in the afternoon are what have me upset... trading again on emotions.. still having the preconceived notion that the market is going down..

not sure why when all trends are still up.. other than a shooting star forming on the 30 min. chart at 12:30 or so..

I seen the market start heading down.. I hadn't gotten in.. didn't want to miss out so I jumped in short.. 3 times I did this.. and got burned badly..

Today was a bad day.. wiped out my gains for the week.. I am still Positive net $25 I believe for the week..

I was short the Euro and left about 20 points on the table...

Also got long October Live Cattle today at 77.05.. still holding

If anybody's reading this .. sorry to ramble.. but this is my journal and when I read back over it after weeks pass I need to know what I was thinking..

Hope everyone had a good day.

Jeff

#112     Aug 14, 2003
  3. Sorry with a late reply. I've had to tie up some other business matters.
    It seems I might be a day late and a dollar short as I see you have decided to take a break from trading. Sorry to hear that, but I think you made the right call to take some time and step back from the abyss that is the emini platform.
    The market will continue to be here next year and the year after that in some form or another.
    The best advice I can give is to apply your trading knowlege and intuition to something less volatile, like your current carreer, make some cash, and get your sanity back, enjoy life. Easier said than done, I know but I would guess alot of the members here have been where you are before, its okay.

There are a ton of great posters here that have said it a lot better than me, I wish you the best.

tp

#113     Aug 28, 2003