Flashback: Obama 'i've Had Enough Of Using Terrorism As A Wedge Issue In Our Politics

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., May 3, 2012.

1. pspr

pspr

Then your comment that Romney is 'hardly any better' than Obama is about you not trusting him any more than Obama. Or is it his policies that you see as not aligning with your views?

#21     May 4, 2012
  2. Max E.

Max E.

He is on the wrong side of almost everything with me, he is not a real fiscal conservative(though he is way more fiscally conservative than obama), he is talking about getting us into a war with Iran, and he is a big flip flopper/liar like Obama.

The one thing i really like about Romney is that he understands business, and while some see it as a negative that he was supposedly running a chop shop at Bain, i would actually like it if he came in and applied those same principles to the government, thats really the only upside i see in him.

#22     May 4, 2012
  3. pspr

pspr

I don't see him as that much of a flip/flopper. I see that he has changed some views in the presence of more facts. I think Romney has just been flexible in the light of more information - as a businessman must be.

If I look at what he has said on the issues, I find myself agreeing with him more than I agree with Christie. I think those who like Christie like him more for his bravado and quick comebacks more than his policies. I like that too but find fault with him on some issues like his strong environmental and green energy views. I'm not sure about his gun ownership views and need him to define those views and others.

http://www.issues2000.org/Chris_Christie.htm

http://www.issues2000.org/Mitt_Romney.htm

#23     May 4, 2012
  4. Max E.

Max E.

The reason i like Christie, is because he was able to get the ball rolling on public sectors, there are hundreds of graves of politicians who attempted the very same thing, and he was able to bring the conversation right into the mainstream to where people finally woke up and realized that they had gotten completely out of control, and he did it by being honest, and open about it, and he will hold onto his job as a result.

One of the biggest things for me is that he took on the teachers union and won. The teachers union is the most powerful, corrupt, and damaging union in the country. I honestly think that he got the ball rolling on real education reform, as he was finally able to get people to get realize just how damaging they are, 10 years from now we will look back and i think people will realize that christie was the one who finally jarred the system and got people to start going in different directions with education, as opposed to just folding to the teachers union, and giving them what they want for votes.

I support the second amendment, but I have never even held a gun before, so gun rights is not the biggest issue to me, plus there is no way anything there would ever change provided there was 40 republicans in the senate.

#24     May 4, 2012
  5. Ricter

Ricter

You are never going to be the uni-dimensional "thinker" pspr is, so good luck trying to satisfy him with any explanation.

#25     May 4, 2012
  6. Ricter

Ricter

"Way more." Really. You believe that?

Let's look at the spending surge... the bailouts, opposed by the general public, even by Bush, but rammed down our throats by the reckless gamblers, I mean the too-big-to-fail banks, could/would Romney have done anything differently than Bush? No. And of course, Obama was not president anyway.

The counter-cyclical spending we know as the social safety net, can Obama do anything about it, could he have done anything about it at the time is was surging? No, it's the law. Romney couldn't do anything about it either, had he been president at that time.

That leaves the stimulus spending. Would Romney's stimulus spending have been less, (how much less?) even if spent differently? We don't know. As a percent of all the aforementioned spending, it's small. Furthermore, had the stimulus been smaller, even zero, would the economy be improving (even to the small extent it is) today? The improvement is lowering that counter-cyclical spending even as we speak--government spending to GDP is falling, has been for nearly two years.

So the "way more fiscally conservative" belief is, at best, and logically, hopeful thinking.

#26     May 4, 2012
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

That's exactly what got Obama elected.

#27     May 4, 2012
  8. Max E.

Max E.

What do you think would have happened if Obama still had a super majority? He already tried for a stimulus part 2 for 3-400 billion back when the debt ceiling vote was going on, even after seeing that the initial stimulus bill was rife with corruption.

The bottom line is if Obama was able to get his agenda through everything he has wanted to do is based on a desire for more government spending on the backs of the 50% of people who actually pay taxes.

Romney has shown he has tendencies to be a big spender as governor, but his whole political philosophy is not based on stealing from people who earn it to give to those who dont.

#28     May 4, 2012
  9. A truly fiscally conservative in today's political spectrum? Harder to find than free pussy in a strip joint.

#29     May 4, 2012
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

I concur with that, I was just in a strip joint a week or so ago.

#30     May 4, 2012